I'm new!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ron DeRenzis, May 22, 2014.

1. Ron DeRenzis

Ron DeRenzis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I just signed up, mainly for the support of this community. I suffer with tinnitus and have some hearing loss because of it for which I use aids that mask the noise (supposedly). I would appreciate anyone's insight into coping with this disease and their experiences.

• Winner Winner x 1
    2. Emil Mikalsen
      Curious

Emil Mikalsen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10.2013 - concert
      Welcome! :)
      My T was not easy to deal with in the beginning, but after a few months it got much softer and i don't really care about it anymore. It's still there and i do regret ever going to the concert without any ear protection, but i try not to think about it as i can't do anything about it. I've gotten so used to it now that its just a part of my life, and it doesn't bother me much.

How did you get your T? :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    3. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Welcome Ron. Don't think of tinnitus as a disease because it is more of a symptom of something else. You indicate you have hearing loss and that is most likely the cause of your tinnitus. It also looks like you have been dealing with it for a very long time so I am sure you have many experiences and insights of your own you could share with us. Research has made great strides into understanding tinnitus and how it affects the brain. I am confident that a viable treatment will be available sometime in this decade.

For me, tinnitus is there and does still bother me from time to time. I try to keep busy, keep meaning in my life and make the best of it. As long as I can continue to do that, then T will only ever be nothing more than a "symptom".

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. ItalianMan
      Fine

ItalianMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Well said erik