I'm Ronnie O

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ronnieo, Jul 28, 2014.

?

Anyone get tinnitus from working with weights

1. I did

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I did not

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. Ronnieo

Ronnieo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I've had this T since is say 1997. Notice it after working out with weights. Have tried to figure out why I have it but there could be many reasons I have hearing loss at high tone in both ears I've been seeing "authority" on T all along Dr Abraham Shulman . Just trying I cope . Glad you are all here because this thing makes me feel really alone and misunderstood . Would live to see a cure thanks

2. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Not to worry, you are not alone here that's for sure. This is a great support/information group. I am 67 and hope to see a cure, and live in silence for even a few years. I too in the begining tried to back track how I got T, as many of us try to do, but it is like trying to catch lightning in a jar when it seems to come out of no where.
      There some that have posted they were near a gun when target shooting or firecracker going off near their ear, and after developed T. For the most part though who really knows how they got T, no matter how hard a person back tracks. My ENT believes it is a gene in my case that got turned on as I aged.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ronnieo

Ronnieo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      In the meantime I'm glad I found this place and thanks I appreciate it . Hard to discuss with people that don't have this problem

4. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      That's what we are here for Ron...

5. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Welcome Ron! Glad you stopped in. Everyone here at TT totally understands. This is a perfect place to get support.

6. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Ron love to see new people finding this forum,yes you can feel alone with this tinnitus.So you've found a good forum Ron,I'm the same age as Gary I to would like peace to return to my life at this age.wether you've had it short or long in time frame tinnitus annoys us all.So Ron look through threads your not on your own anymore.Look forward to you on the threads and your post.Best Wishes

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ronnieo

Ronnieo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thanks I'm amazed so many is these stories are mine

8. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi Ron, Just wanted to ask you how you are doing...

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ronnieo

Ronnieo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Gary the t has been a problem this summer . I have had It since mud 90s and was well habituated . Anyway after all these years I am going for another opinion . I feel a little late for this but I have been seeing the doctor who wrote the book on T . But that doesn't mean as much as I thought. . I'm hanging in there knowing it's an annoyance nothing more . Wish I knew more . Thanks Gary hope you are well

10. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      OK Ron, well I wish you luck with the Dr. Did he literally do advanced tinnitus research.

Let us know how it goes with him.

Take care

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ronnieo

Ronnieo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hey Gary. New ent was good and honest He knew my former ent Shulman . He sold me these vitamins said they help 30 to 40 per cent after 3 weeks with T . Lipo flavonoids plus . He did hearing tests. I brought other hearing tests. I've been in denial about hearing loss I have . He recommended hearing aids . I am going this Thursday to check them out . Audiologist said it should help with my T also so that's where I'm at . Do you wear hearing aids? I know I need them .

12. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows

• Informative Informative x 1
    13. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      @Ronnieo Hello! I hope you're doing better!:) Regarding weight lifting and tinnitus, the exercise probably raises your blood pressure and that would cause a temporary increase in your noise.

About Lipo flavonoids Plus, I would not waste my money on those vitamins. There was one study years ago that has not been replicated and it was only for Meniere's disease. That your ENT is recommending them only shows how out-of-date he is on tinnitus. There are supplements that might help your tinnitus, like magnesium and possibly zinc. B-12 might also help, but only if you are deficient in the vitamin. You'd need a doctor's test to find out.

See this article on B-12 and tinnitus:

Here is the conclusion of a Wiki piece on the supplement:

Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 6.40.56 PM.png
      And here is the full reference:

Hearing aids should help with your tinnitus, especially if they contain maskers or chimes.

Good luck! And check out the various vitamins and supplements that have been tried by TT users. See, for example, this below:

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ronnieo

Ronnieo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thanks Jazz I appreciate that . I'm going to see audiologist about hearing aids Thursday . I will post when I know more .