I'm Scared It Will Stay Forever, Can't Live Like This

Discussion in 'Support' started by Katavaal, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Katavaal
      Wishful

Katavaal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eustachian tube dysfunction
      i'm new to this - it started exactly a week ago. saw a doctor friday, she said it was my sinuses and eustachian tube and it should go away, but i'm terrified that it won't - i'm only 17, i've got a whole life to deal with this. i've been praying a lot. it's been coming and going but i think it's getting worse, but i haven't started the medicine the doctor gave me. i can't stop panicking and i'm crying 2-3 times a day at least, i don't want to get out of bed or deal with my life, does anyone have any tips? i can't live like this, i'm scared it'll stay forever

2. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      You are lucky you have a diagnosis, unlike many forum members here, and the worsening may be due to the fact that you didn't do what you were supposed to do for the problem to go away (take the medicine).
      Get out of the bed, get out of the house, do not lose a day of your life, staying inside and worrying does not help, on the contrary.
      You have much better chances at healing completely continuing your life exactly as it was before, as if nothing happened.
      Being scared means anxiety, which is a known factor to increase the sound.
      "When you worry you make it double
      Don't worry, be happy!"
      Bobby McFerrin

3. Tommi_boi
      Thinking

Tommi_boi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/04/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Don't panic, you are young and you still have a great chance it will go away, for now, I know it sounds hard but just dont listen out for it and push it out of your mind, even if it gets louder dont panic, the body is a wonderful instrument and I'm sure you'll be fine soon, just give it time ;)

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Katavaal
      Wishful

Katavaal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eustachian tube dysfunction
      thanks - i just got a diagnosis friday so my mom hasn't had a chance to pick up the medication yet, which is why i haven't been taking it. i've been going to school like normal - i skipped a day because the day before i cried 13 times lol so i really needed the time off - but i've been tryin to keep my life as normal as possible. knowing it'll go away helps a lot. thank you so much. <3