I'm Scared :(

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mayo, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Mayo
      Amazed

Mayo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17 September 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold? Had it ever since
      Hello y'all. I'm Mayo, a fourteen year old. I had a pretty bad cold for about a week or two. One night, I got a tissue and had a long sneeze. Suddenly, my head was very dizzy and my ears were ringing. I thought nothing of this. The dizziness went away, but my ringing didn't. I assumed it would go overnight.

However, when I woke up, the ringing was still there. I got really scared and researched this ringing. The best explanation was tinnitus. I got a YouTube clip to mask tinnitus, and it worked wonders. In school, the surrounding noise was fairly loud, so I never heard tinnitus (not that I wanted to hear it. ) In test conditions, and after about 7 pm, tinnitus was very obvious.

Two weeks forward,I still have tinnitus. I can usually cope tinnitus, but studying is a pain in the arse. I need good grades to get to a good college, and tinnitus is making life difficult. I have yet to go to an ent yet. Thankfully, I like my life too much, and suicide thoughts are the last thing that occurs to me. However, reading is not pleasurable anymore.

I only want to know one thing. What is the possible cause for my tinnitus? Can a bad cold really inflict tinnitus for someone young? And no, I'm in the school band, but I almost never use headphones/earphones, so high sound is fairly unlikely to be the cause of my tinnitus.

Thanks for reading
      Mayo

2. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Start using properly seated ear plugs for ALL music performance in concert band from now on. Foam plugs or custom molded musicians plugs...

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome. Sorry to hear your struggling with new T. This is a good thread from TT to guide new sufferers and it has masking sounds and sleep thread link too. Follow the steps and see if your condition will improve.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/

(the icons on the left side give you instructions step by step)