Improved Tinnitus with Ear Tube Surgery?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ernesto, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Ernesto

Ernesto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hit in my ear
      I have been feeling for the last year a clicking / crackling noise in the left ear when swallowing. It seems that this is a sign that the pressure is not being properly balanced / equalized in the middle ear.
      And it has coincided in the time with a worsening in tinnitus. I already had it because an ear drum perforation but in a level that I could handle.

According to the Doctors there are no signs of any damage in the ear (no mucus, no tympanic membrane damaged or pressured, no hearing problem...), but it could be a slight Eustachian tube dysfunction.

So I have tried nasal sprays like Flixonase or Avamys but the clicking remains... 10 months or 1 year already.

I will try the ear tube surgery so that the pressure in the ear can be better balanced, and I hope it will also help with the tinnitus, to go back to the original level. This is what the Doctor told me.

What do you think about that surgery?

Thanks, regards.

2. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      I say this alot but you should goto an ENT and get them to do that thing with the camera up your nose to look at your eustachian tubes so they can see what the issue is.

I thought i always had Eustachian tube dysfunction and nasal sprays did nothing.

Turned out it was patulous eustachian tube which is often misdiagnosed at ETD.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ernesto

Ernesto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hit in my ear
      Thanks for your answer @Karl28 , may I ask you some questions to see if in your case there was also a link between the Eustachian Tube and tinnitus:

- you also had the clicking noise when swallowing?

- did you take any measure / surgery to improve the patulous Eustachian tube? If so, did your tinnitus improve once the Eustachian tube was corrected?

- did you tinnitus appeared or worsened when the problem with the Eustachian tube started?

thanks a lot! I ll keep you informed about how are the results of my surgery.

4. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Yes clicking popping crunching crackling when swallowing.

Can't really do much for pet. I'm trying to gain weight and see if that helps.

Worsened

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ernesto

Ernesto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hit in my ear
      Thanks @Karl28, I hope you will get better.
      Do you know which are the symptoms of PET? how is it diagnosed?