In Loving Memory of David Craig Muller

Discussion in 'Support' started by dan, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      :-( sooo sorry to hear bout this. My heart goes out to him, his family and everyone that knew him. Suicide is always horrible what ever the reason might be.. But hes now with god in the most beautiful peaceful place.. And can shine his love down and help others. Rip<3

• Like Like x 2
    2. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011

I certainly haven't heard of anyone committing suicide from chicken pox itch or the tree falling down in the forest!!!

PS today at work I mentioned this tragic event the answer was: he probably suffered from something more serious than tinnitus!!!

I'm sure medical people would say the same thing, really sad!

• Agree Agree x 6
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      _placeholder.gif
      David Craig Muller (1962 - 2014)
      Obituary

Craig Muller

Greer

David Craig Muller, 53, of 517 Longview Terrace, died September 26, 2014.

A native of Greer, he was a son of JoAnn Muller Hunt of Greer and the late Harry Muller, an employee of G.E. and was a member of His Vineyard.

Surviving also are his wife, Tammy Turner Muller of the home; two daughters and son-in-law, Nicole and Chris Brown of Taylors and Brooke Muller of the home; his step-father, Joe Hunt of Greer; two brothers, Steve Muller of Greenville and Joey Hunt of Greer; and two sisters, Diane Smith of Duncan and Pam Muller of Greer.

Funeral services will be held 4:00 p.m. Tuesday at Lee Road Baptist Church, conducted by Dr. Todd Stewart and Rev. Ralph Hefner. Burial will follow in Hillcrest Memory Gardens.

Pallbearers will be Brian Pace, Joseph Beam, David Sandlin, Scott Brown, Frank Smith and Michael Pruitt.

Visitation will be held 6 - 8 p.m. Monday at the Wood Mortuary.

The family is at the home of the daughter, Nicole Brown, 1 Sturgeon Bay Drive, Taylors, SC.

Memorials may be made to the American Tinnitus Association, P.O. Box 5, Portland, OR 97207-0005.

Online condolences may be made at www.thewoodmortuary.com

Funeral Home
      The Wood Mortuary, Inc.
      300 West Poinsett Street Greer, SC 29650
      (864) 877-3351
      Funeral Home Details
      Send Flowers
      Published in The Greenville News on Sept. 29, 2014

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/greenvilleonline/obituary.aspx?n=david-craig-muller&pid=172611811

4. angie

angie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      o5/2002
      He was on the support group I belong to on Facebook and he tried several doctors to get Retigabine (forgot the name in the US) but they all refused. We messaged back and forth several times as he did with others in our group. He was a good man and he will be missed. In my opinion the doctors failed him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Snake Plissken
      Crappy

Snake Plissken Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Sincere condolences. I think we've all been there at some point or another. I urge anyone with these feeling to seek professional help - it literally saved my life.

@angie

Doctors are not to blame for being unwilling to prescribe a drug off-label for a condition for which it has not been proven effective. Nobody is to blame.

6. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      My condolences.

7. dochoppy
      No Mood

dochoppy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure, drug combo?
      You finally have your silence, you can rest in peace now. This is a terrible condition that makes people have to make such a difficult decision that no one should ever have to make. I have thought about it many times myself. I will pray for his family. I am a physician myself, family general practice and I promise you that most of the medical community have absolutely no idea how much suffering tinnitus can cause. I will do my best to educate my fellow physicians as much as possible about the terrible impact tinnitus can have on our lives.

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      That's what's needed Doctors educated on this condition in practices . No words written in any language can describe it to a living soul who haven't got and trying to live with this continual ,no let up noise .
      I've got allergies ( rhinitis ) going along with mine daily ,so that's an add on with mine.
      I knew one dr with this ,but he was 90 yrs when he told me he had it ,no longer in practise ,said it drives him crazy ,he'd had it for years ,so as a dr he never got use to it .
      Life threatening yes ,for some .Drs out there be it general ,or ENT need better educating to its affect on their patients ,I'm sorry your another sufferer ,but your job you can be of great help ,by educating fellow Drs alone .
      Wishing you all the very best Marlene

• Like Like x 1
    9. dochoppy
      No Mood

dochoppy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure, drug combo?
      • Informative Informative x 1
    10. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Thanks, the fact that tinnitus is garnering more and more attention from the medical community is a sign that there actually is hope that there will be effective treatments coming.

If there is one thing I can say about habituation is that it is sort of like a catch-22. People who are habituated tend to say that tinnitus isn't that bad. So that makes the problem less urgent for doctors and scientific researchers to find a treatment/cure. But on the flip side, since there isn't a cure, people with tinnitus want to habituate so that they can move on with their lives and not be miserable. It's one of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type of things.

• Agree Agree x 3
    11. David J
      Confused

David J Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2011
      He suffers no longer. Although a stranger, may he rest in peace. I am so sorry for his family and friends.