Inflammation Increases Likelihood of Reinjury

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bndsmheowqhe, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      The ongoing debate about overprotection seems to be more nuanced than many like to believe.

I've been dealing with tendonitis injuries in both arms for the past year and the research and experience from that seems to establish the idea of reinjury while there is still inflammation. It's a paradoxical situation because the injury can't fully heal if you overprotect but if you do use them you risk making the injury worse. The solution seems to be to get the inflammation down so that you can build strength and recover without further harming yourself.

I believe this is what happened with my tinnitus. After the initial injury I slowly recovered to a level where I was still functional and able to go about my daily activities. Since a second injury a year later it's been a repeated pattern of reinjury and overprotect. The second exposure seems to have made me more susceptible to further damage from things that wouldn't have previously been an issue. I have been experiencing permanent spikes and new tones on average 2 to 3 times per year. The notion of just exposing yourself to everyday sounds to reduce sensitivity doesn't seem to work IF THERE IS CHRONIC INFLAMMATION. When I take aggressive measures to reduce inflammation I'm able to expose myself to reasonable levels of noise and slowly reduce my sensitivity. With the inflammation still present I'm much more likely to reinjure my hearing and increase my tinnitus.

• Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. Guest8389

Guest8389 Guest

Interesting. Would you mind sharing what aggressive measure you take to decrease your inflammation? Did you find any initial worsening of your tinnitus when implementing the aggressive measures? It is becoming clear that with many causes there needs to be many treatments.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      Low inflammation diet.

Anti inflammatory supplements such as Curcumin and Spirulina.

Topical use of DMSO.

Consumption of teas including green tea.

Light exercise seems to help when possible.

Anything that is anti-inflammatory.

• Informative Informative x 4
    4. Auron
      Pacman

Auron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Spring
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock
      Which diet is that exactly?I've heard many people talk highly of a Carnivore diet helping cure many aliments,just not sure how safe it is.I wonder if it could help our ears heal tho. I've yet to try the carnivore diet myself,but I have wonder if inflammation is part of pain/fullness/burning sensation people report feeling,at least,those with noise induced tinnitus/ear problems .

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    5. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

It would be a diet consisting mostly of foods that have anti-inflammatory properties.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/13-anti-inflammatory-foods#section1

This is just one list of general foods. Iā€™d search through several to build a diet with more diverse options. You would also want to avoid inflammatory foods. So search out the most inflammatory foods and avoid those.

6. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Yeah, one of the underlying mechanisms of chronic hyperacusis is inflammation, but it's hard to get rid of inflammation, it just stays no matter what.

7. RichardGuy
      Depressed

RichardGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/16/17, At Age 20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acute
      So what are more common foods we can take for this purpose?