Infrared Light Therapy — Relieves Headaches, Neck Pain and Lowers Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nina Saleh, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Nina Saleh

Nina Saleh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably neck pain, stress, sleep issues
      IMG_1265.JPG Hey guys..

I've been suffering for the past three days from a strong migraine followed by head ache and neck pain which made my tinnitus way worse... Pain killers were not working at all.

I tried this morning having an infrared light treatment on my neck, and the back of my skull and behind my ears for 60 minutes. The machine I use is attached in the thread...

It made me feel way way better, the ringing even was too low to hear and the headache was gone... And the rest of the day was quite peaceful for me.

I guess I will keep having a session of infrared first thing every morning...

Has anyone tried infrared before?

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nina Saleh

Nina Saleh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Update: I have been doing a 60 minute infrared session for a week now along with the other things that I do in my previous thread and I can tell you that I can barely hear my T. It is really worth trying . So, I direct the lamp on the back of my neck, lower part of the skull, then turn my head left and right until i feel the heat on my ears and the part above my jaw making sure that the rays won't touch my eyes..

And it makes me so relaxed through the whole day. Sometimes I use the lamp for 20 minutes before bed time as it helps me go to sleep.

I hope this helps...

• Like Like x 2
    3. fedup

fedup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection and earphone use
      Snake oil

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nina Saleh

Nina Saleh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @fedup
      infrared was never a snake oil :) it's a very known therapy for muscles, joints and pain relief... it doesn't have to work with everybody concerning their T, but it did for me.. it hasn't treated it but lowered its tone along with otger supplements that I take and it might work for others who suffer from somatic tinnitus

• Like Like x 1
    5. RileyGirl

RileyGirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2112
      Nina, Thank you for this post. I am interested in trying this. Did it continue to help you?

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nina Saleh

Nina Saleh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @RileyGirl I'm using it now while I'm writing this message :)
      It's definitely helping with my headaches and neck spasms, However, if you have neck problems like myself, the infrared light won't work alone.

• Like Like x 1
    7. leledany

leledany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-11-02
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      How you got T?

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nina Saleh

Nina Saleh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @leledany
      I just woke up with it one day , I didn't know the reason at the beginning, all I knew is that I didn't have any damage in my ears nor ETD after doing many tests n visiting many ENTs , also saw neurologists n done MRI for my brain, done a blood test as well ....All results were normal.

I spent few months taking zinc, Gingko Biloba, apple cider vinegar, garlic, B12 shots, also done LLLT sessions for my ears, neck n back n started to feel some relief after couple of months.

Then I started to focus on something i suffered from for a long time which was chronic muscle spasm ( whole neck n back ) even though I work out.

After having my neck checked, turned out that I have cervical instability which is causing my T.

9. RileyGirl

RileyGirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2112
      I am noticing a pattern in my tinnitus. It is worse after I use my neck a lot. I also have cervical issues in my neck and neck spasms. My tinnitus is 23 1/2 hours a day but when I move my neck a lot - or lift heavy things, it gets more of a frantic sound. Thank you for the suggestion of the light, I signed up for six sessions of red light therapy and if it helps even a little, I will purchase a light to use at home.

10. Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @Nina Saleh hi if you don’t mind what did you T sound like before it lowered and was it in your head or ears? And was it 24/7. I’m willing to try anything if I know someone else had real success :)

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nina Saleh

Nina Saleh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @RileyGirl I'm sorry For my late response , I hope the sessions are helping your tinnitus
      I think you have the same issue I have because I have had neck issues for quite a while
      Try along with the infrared session some physiotherapy
      I have done some research for neck tinnitus and I found a medical centre in the US that does a therapy called prolotherapy and I have contacted them and they were extremely helpful
      They diagnosed my case as cervical instability and they said they can treat that efficiently. My only problem is that I live in Dubai , so planning to go there will take some time. I posted about them in another thread while I was doing my research I will attach it here for you if you want to take a look , I hope it helps you in some kind of way :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nina Saleh

Nina Saleh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nina Saleh

Nina Saleh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Dginobile my T was a loud beep in both of my ears and I also used to hear it at the back of my head and it was 24/7
      If you have neck issues , you need to try few things
      Physiotherapy and acupuncture help lowering the T if it comes from the neck but you have to find a good physiotherapist and acupuncturist who know what they are doing
      Also run a blood test to see if you have any deficiencies .