Inner Ear Fluid

Discussion in 'Support' started by a6rg5x, Oct 23, 2014.

1. a6rg5x

a6rg5x Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      My tinnitus began in September. I have not had any triggering event (no loud noise, no trauma, no allergies, etc) so not really sure what caused it. I also don't have any other symptoms (no dizziness, etc). It comes and goes for maybe two days (plus or minus) and then goes away for a day or two only to reappear. I went to an ENT and he found no hearing loss and really had no ideas but he put me on Pentoxifylline and Lipo-flavonoids. It doesn't seem to have helped as my on-and-off cycle continues. This week I went to a general physician and he said I was retaining fluid in my ears and prescribed a nasal spray to use in my ear. My ENT doc never mentioned anything about retaining fluids. I've used it but not seeing any results. My questions are:

(1) Is that something an ENT could miss? Or is that something that would not cause tinnitus?
      (2) How long should I have to use the spray? So far I haven't seen any results after a couple of days.

2. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hi A6rg5x,
      Yes he could have missed it...you have really really good doctors and so so doctors. I went to a doctor on a Monday and she said I had fluid and dull looking ear...I went to another doctor Tuesday...and he said my ear was fine. Drove me nuts! Fluid in the ear can cause T... it can be that your Eustachian tube is blocked?

He should have told you how long...and if he didn't call him and ask him.

Hope you are feeling better. Let us know how you are doing.

3. EAB

EAB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Had it many years ago and it went away. Just got it back again about 3 weeks ago.
      HI,, JUST READ YOUR MESSAGE AND I JUST GOT TINNITUS SEVERAL WEEKS AGO. RIDING MY BIKE IN VERY WINDY WEATHER AND THE RINGING STARTED. IT IS TWO/THREE DAYS RINGING AND ONE DAY OF SILENCE. I AM DOING A LOT OF DIFFERENT SUPPLEMENTS FOR AUDITORY NERVE REPAIR. TODAY DID A SALT WATER EAR FLUSH AND ALSO PEROXIDE. NOT SURE THIS WILL WORK. I ALSO DID A NECK/HEAD/EAR MASSAGE. HOPING TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER. I AM DETERMINED TO HEAL MY CONDITION. IT IS PRESENTLY VERY LOW SOUND TONIGHT AND HOPING TOMORROW WILL BE SILENT. LOGGING EVERYTHING SO WHEN IT IMPROVES I HAVE A FOUNDATION TO WORK WITH. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SITUATION. LIZ

4. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Woah! Caps galore!

5. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      The fluid in the middle ear normally subsides. Mine started when I got a middle ear infection with fluid behind the ear, must've damaged some of the hair cells. I guess it's the same in your case. You could have eustachian tube dysfunction. I would get a second opinion from another ENT.