Insane Morning Tinnitus and Tricks to Cope?

Discussion in 'Support' started by RaZaH, Jan 31, 2016.

1. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      My morning are always the worst ,I seriously feel like I woke up from a car accident or a bat to to the head.
      Absolutely blasting away , i would last a week if it were constantly like this.

For some reason doing the valsalva sometimes helps with this but I am wondering if you guys that have super bad morning t have any tricks to deal with or reduce morning T ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      my mornings are always the best. just goes to show that my T is not your T and Scientists have no clue whatsoever and treat the same.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Oh i wish , starting every day like this is so demoralizing

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. baz 22
      Alone

baz 22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      My T in the morning is the worst too. Calms down after about 1 hour

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Mine varies, but typically it's more quiet. If I wake up abruptly during the night, it is always quite loud. Weird thing this T... :X3:

• Like Like x 1
    6. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I was just thinking the same thing. Very bad morning for me. Woke up 3 times last night to my loud ringing. I think I even dreamed about it.
      The tone has not changed at all in 1 month. Always the same. I'm not even sure if the volume changes at all or it's just how much my subconscious pays attention to it.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Yeah, T is such a mystery, with so many etiologies! I know people whose T is almost zero in the morning and ramps up during the day.
      Mine is the worst when I wake up, like in your case, reason for which for many years (yes, years) I was flying from being asleep into a full blown panic attack upon waking in a matter of seconds. I called the ambulance for those panic attacks many times, that's how bad they were. I don't even want to remember the symptoms...the heart was starting to race in 2 seconds maximum and was getting to huge pulse rates (pulse rate confirmed very high by the device the medical assistants were having with them) my breathing was getting out of sync...hyperventilation, uneven breathing, extreme horror...
      All my life i was used to pass in the mornings from nightmares (in the rare occasion when i was having them) to a quick "happy end" ("oh, it was just a dream, phew") after getting T it became vice-versa (passing from the peace of being asleep into resuming the nightmare of a life with loud T in just a few seconds). Now I got used to waking up with very loud T, I don't panic anymore. T hasn't changed but my heart doesn't start to pound hard anymore, I breath normally. I guess this is as far as I got with "habituation". Loud T in the morning became "old news", nothing unusual to react to.
      For a while I was thinking that I have "head exploding syndrome", just like you.
      Any "tips"?
      In my case I have to change the position of the head upon waking up, to not have any ear against the pillow, which makes the T unbearable.

Maybe our T is the loudest in the mornings because the blood pressuse builds up in the head during the night?

Anyway, getting up and standing, instead of laying down helps. Going to another room. Turning on the music...For years the only "solution" for my nightmarish thoughts and feelings that I was having after waking up was to eat a lot. I do NOT recommend that. I was smoking a lot too, which I do NOT recommend either.

Having no tricks to tell you, I wrote this post just to tell you that you are not the only one waking up to extremely loud T. May not comfort you much, I know.

I think the only "tricks" I know is to stand up, and turn on the music or the TV and make contact with normal life.
      I know, my "tricks" suck. Just like having loud T sucks.
      Sorry I can't give you any better ones.

Just jump out of bed and start your day, with the music or the TV on. You will hear calm, normal people, who do not have T, and that helps in making the shift to a normal life, like we used to have before getting T.

Maybe Valsalva helps you because your problem is from the middle ear pressure which is equalized when swallowing and yawning and chewing, and you don't do those as much during the sleep?

Did you try sleeping on a high pillow, to see if the blood pressure in the head is a factor?
      Or on an ergonomic pillow, to insure the best posture for blood flow and relaxed muscles and cervical spine?

BTW, the Trobalt didn't help you with "the waking up phase" at all?

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      @Dana , thanks :) At first it seemed that Trobalt was helping alot with my morning exploding head syndrome but lately not so much . However , if I take one as soon as I wake up, the morning T will last a shorter while.
      I am going to jumping right out of bed for a few days , see if that helps.

Currently I do the valsalve and pour some coffee real quick as my remedy :p

I am actually amazed that I have never had any panic attacks or anxiety over T , felt horrible, wanted to die sure,super depressed but never any anxiety ? I wonder why ?

It is actually "good" to know I am not alone with this horrible morning T , wish there was something I could do.
      Its enough to deal with this all day , starting everyday so horribly is extremely demoralizing.

9. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      One of my morning "rituals" was to call a "suicide prevention hotline", with a knife for my throat on the table, that's how horrified I was, but I stopped.
      My only help, drug wise, are the Clonazepam and the natural Seditivitax sedative.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Wow...That's hardcore !

Be wary of Benzos ;(

• Funny Funny x 1