Insomnia, anxiety, depression, exhausted

Discussion in 'Support' started by DutchGuy, Dec 12, 2014.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DutchGuy

DutchGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      syringing, headphones
      I know everyone is different, but with this H/T stuff even ENT's don't know about do'and dont's. They don't give any quick advice. We all have to look this stuff up on the net.
      Luckily I'm getting referred to an ENT who's specialized in H and T, but that might take a while before I can pay a visit.

2. Shaun
      Tolerant

Shaun Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2014
      At first everyday sounds We're a nightmare I was even afraid of the Hoover lol,but over time I just got over the fear got used to it.I still use earmuffs whilst using machinery or power tools but for the most part get on with it I had to,just got to be careful.the h will fade away over time just got to be patient.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Marcini
      Dreaming

Marcini Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      Sounds promising. Let me know what they say.

4. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Mirtazapine is commonly described in Germany for T.
      It is good for sleep and helps against depression.
      It does not do much for anxiety. For anxiety, the only thing that helps me:
      - Distraction (video games, hobbies, talking)
      - Exercising (difficult for me since T gets louder and depression keeps me exhausted)
      - Benzo (Tavor). I try taking rarely, maybe once a week or every two weeks.
      There are also anti-anxiety meds out there which are not so addictive as benzos.
      Maybe need to try one since my anxiety increased last days.
      So you should try Mirtazapine in my opinion.

5. Marcini
      Dreaming

Marcini Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      @Martin69 If it doesn't do much for anxiety and you're still depressed then how would you say it is helping? I actually have some but have only taken them very occasionally for sleep. I may try them properly at some point though. I agree that distraction is the best way forward. Stay busy...

6. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Yes, you are right. I think the same at the moment. Maybe to switch to another med.
      I had no depression in the beginning (first months of T). But at the moment, things are difficult. The relentless dentist drill in my head makes things like work, family, functioning difficult. This depresses me. I don't know how it would be without any AD. Therefore I still think that Mirtazapine takes the edge off.

T, depression and anxiety are a vicious circle. One feeds the other. And I don't know if a med can help for everything. Overall, the anxiety is my biggest issue. It was unbearable in the beginning. It is now better, but sometimes still high. I spoke with another T veteran yesterday and it took him two years losing anxiety slowly. He took Xanax from time to time.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DutchGuy

DutchGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      syringing, headphones
      I will keep you up to update.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DutchGuy

DutchGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      syringing, headphones
      Efexor/Venlafaxine works both for anxiety and depression.

9. dh42

dh42 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014

That's not true. If you are referring to priapism, that has only been documented in a handful of cases and is extraordinarily rare. I'm a male and have taken Trazodone many times without that issue. I do find it can increase my anxiety at times if taken regularly, but that is largely because of the way I respond to the antihistamine component in it - which too is rare for most people.