Intermittent Pulsatile Tinnitus with Ear Fullness and Pressure

Discussion in 'Support' started by Crazylady, May 15, 2020.

1. Crazylady

Crazylady Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all,
      I am just wondering if anybody has had similar symptoms to me, and if so what their outcome was. At the beginning of April, during a period of intense anxiety – which I do believe is significant, I began having pretty bad nightmares. I had cleaned both my ears with a cotton bud (I know I shouldn’t have) and experienced facial pain on both sides for a couple of days before this. I then got a significant amount of water in both my ears. During one of these nightmares, just out of REM sleep, I woke up with a whooshing in my left ear in time with my heartbeat, like a ultrasound sonogram. A couple of nights later the same thing happened, again during a nightmare. I looked up said symptoms on google (big mistake) and came up with pulsatile tinnitus and from that moment on have been having more regular symptoms and anxiety about the whole thing, which I believe is making it worse. I know that this condition can be caused by anything from conductive hearing loss... heart issues... fistulas to tumours (rare) etc. I am not discounting the serious side of what may be wrong; however in a number of cases nothing is ever found to be the cause. At the moment my symptoms are: intermittent feeling of ear fullness / pressure in both ears, intermittent whooshing in my left ear lasting usually seconds but may be a couple of minutes. Occasionally thumping in my right ear again intermittently in time with heart beat. I have it on waking too. It doesn’t usually come in both ears at the same time, it alternates... it can be exacerbated by movement ie bending forward, and other behaviors e.g. blowing my nose and sometimes by nothing at all.

I wonder if anybody out there has intermittent bilateral pulsatile tinnitus with ear fullness and pressure, and has had it investigated, and what the outcome was, or could advise what treatments / behaviours may have been useful...

I have an appointment with my GP on Monday which will be a feat in itself due to COVID-19, but as I am having heart palpitations as well, I felt the need to get it checked. My blood pressure is normal. Many thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Crazylady

Crazylady Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all thank you so much for all the support and replies. Just to say my PT has resolved . Wishing you all well ...

• Like Like x 1
    3. Aio88

Aio88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi! I sorry nobody answered you. Are you ok right now?
      I have the same tinnitus only when I wake up and just for a few seconds too...