Intro of Grace_x

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Grace_×, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Grace_×

Grace_× Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi. I presume introductions are in order. My English name is Grace. I am a 16 year old female from South Africa. I never knew what tinnitus was until last year when I was 15.

I was at school like any other normal day, but I wasn't feeling the greatest that day, I remember having this feeling like I was about to fall, but I seemed to have those types of feelings a lot that year so instead of sitting down during assembly I chose to stand.

As the teacher was giving a morning devotion a lost consciousness, and fainted. I was taken to hospital, where I was told nothing was really wrong with me. After a while I started having a whoosing sound in my right ear.

I went to the doctor to get that checked he said there was a buildup in that ear and he cleaned it out, but even after that my ear never stopped making that sound, I also noticed how it went in the same pace as my pulse or heartbeat.

I gave up trying to go to the doctor because even with multiple headaches and difficulty breathing the doctor would still say nothing is wrong with me.

So I searched this ringing on the internet and I came across tinnitus. It was hard to actually find anything, and it was quite depressing seeing as I was 15 and the age of people who could have tinnitus either started from 18 or 21 and common in middle aged people to the elderly.

I had wondered for so long if something was wrong with me, the ringing just made me feel so depressed, I find it hard to sleep at night.

I even wonder if this is a temporary thing or something permanent.

• Hug Hug x 6
    2. Lakeside
      Sleepy

Lakeside Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety
      Hello, welcome. Well T can have many causes, have you visit an ENT already? To see the inner ear if you have any problems. Other things you might want to check is your blood pressure, among these things, because you faint. That feeling you say you were about to fall may have to do something with your inner ears, get in touch with an ENT.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Grace_×

Grace_× Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No actually, I went to a GP but not an ENT

4. dingaling
      Asleep

dingaling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably loud music
      Hi Grace and welcome

Slightly off topic but did you eat breakfast that morning? Are you diabetic?

Could be syncope re the fainting and a trip to the cardiologist is in order. The whooshing definately sounds like blood flow and ties in with your other observations

5. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      Sorry to hear that , only 15 with Tinnitus. Hope you get better soon. Stay calm is good, anytime I panic and get mad and blame myself T get bad . Got to try stay positive, it all we got.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Grace_×

Grace_× Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I don't think I had breakfast that day, and no I am not diabetic. But your right on trip to the doctor, it's been long overdue.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Grace_×

Grace_× Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Rajin

Thank you, and I'll try my best to remain calm.

8. Hayden Gooddy

Hayden Gooddy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I’m also younger with T, 21 here. Welcome to the group! Wish it could be a group for better circumstances haha. Sounds like an ENT is the way to go if you want the next step to answers, tho they often aren’t THAT helpful.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Grace_× Hi Grace: I would discuss with your doctor on having some pulmonary function studies, chest X Ray, and lab tests including electrolyte and blood cholesterol. This is all just standard testing. You may just need some iron. Drink a recommended amount of fluids.

10. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      @Grace_× Having your wits about it works with tinnitus I find, due to it keeps you in the right frame of mind, because it is an altering out of body experience. It causes surprising symptoms and to have either irregular and regular tinnitus you end up being discombobulated and it takes awhile to pull yourself together, but you can and you do. The sleeping part is difficult for most but if you can relax earlier use a fan, and sound machine, eye mask. Also to relax try yoga it's great for the body and mind and that's what you want to take care of.