Intro

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PolishCicero, Jun 11, 2013.

1. PolishCicero
      Dancing

PolishCicero Member

Hey folks,

I found this fine page while doing research about tinnitus on my smartphone, after I was in conversation with a fellow sufferer... fighter against our condition. She made me think and appreciate my health better, because I was under the impression that the volume of my ringing was bad - yet I found that I have nowhere near the same problems resulting from it than she does.

In any case, I'm glad I could exchange views with someone who truly understands, and I hope to have the same experience here... to learn, to listen and (perhaps) to encourage.

I'm eager to get to know you.

My best wishes! (y)

Polish Cicero

2. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Hi Cicero, welcome. I am glad you are here. And I am glad you said fighter. We definitely do not suffer in silence. But I like how you put it as "fighter" instead of "sufferer. This is a great community so again, welcome.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PolishCicero
      Dancing

PolishCicero Member

The influence of words on the psyche is amazing to witness. Thus we should refuse to think from a point of passivism about our condition.... logic like this robs us of energy, as well as space to thrive mentally.

Thank you for the warm welcome Erik, I appreciate it very much!

4. James White
      Anime

James White Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.
      Hey cicero, welcome to the forums. How did you tinnitus start ? How long have you had it for ?