Introducing Myself — RobertM

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RobertM, Feb 2, 2016.

1. RobertM

RobertM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2006
      Hello. I've had tinnitus since 2006 or so. Went to ENT and UCSF and after all that was said and done I have typical hearing loss and tinnitus in both ears 40L/60R. I don't hear much above 6000Hz. I have used various relaxation therapies such as meditations and sounds on my Ipod and got a set of calm classical music with the 6000Hz and above progressively increased to +10dB. The classical music is very nice and relaxing. I've tried the notched sounds therapy but that didn't seem to do much for me and even left me feeling a little worse. My own efforts to cognitively remove the fear and understand it is just a sound and acceptance has allowed me to live with this.

Up to this month I was doing well with tuning it out but it amped up recently to 6000+Hz (a real squeal). That's caused considerable anxiety which I've had to cope with using meds. It is quite a mental challenge. Sleep loss makes it worse.

I am finding I go through these periods where it gets worse and I must re-adjust to the new condition.

My hearts go out to all of you. May we have a cure sometime soon. I'm interested in whatever medical and medicinal trials are going on out there.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Do you know what might have caused the spike. You are welcome to browse the Treatment and Alternative Treatment sections for info on the latest news. Good luck. God bless.