Introductions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Joshua Dyer, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Joshua Dyer

Joshua Dyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to noise in the military
      Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and am looking forward to interacting with others that share in the glorious gift (sarcasm intended) that is tinnitus. I've found that getting to sleep at night right now is the absolute worst. Silence is no longer golden, that's for sure.

2. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hello and welcome to the forum. How long have you had T? How loud is it and does it bother you in the day?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joshua Dyer

Joshua Dyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's been going on since January. It's a pretty obnoxious 9k tone and some buzzing in both ears. I thought it was malfunctioning electronics for a long time. So long as there's something going on, it isn't as bad. I've found that it interrupts my concentration a lot and I get headaches if I'm in crowded places for very long. How about you?

4. Brian Reade
      Cheerful

Brian Reade Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      after chiropractic neck adjustment
      Welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of support here.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Hi Josh,
      Welcome. I am new here too. Three weeks in with T. It was my party favor from a loud concert I went to 3 weeks ago. Confirmed that there is no hearing loss, which is good but here I am. Generally speaking I do not hear it unless I am in a quiet room. Sounds like a high pitched ring/ sound in my head. I use maskers (A/C and noise machine) as well as medication to sleep at night. You might want to consider both. Two ENTs have said they think it is likely temporary due to me not having hearing loss or lots of exposure to loud noises but who knows. They said it could take a long time to heal though. So I am hopeful.
      Have you had your hearing checked? Seen an ENT? I have read/ and found from my own experience that audiologists tend to have the most knowledge and quite frankly, interest in T. I think they are best suited to help with strategies to cope while you habituate. I found an audiologist who specializes on it and I see her next week. You might have someone like that near you.
      The folks on this site are very supportive. I would also recommend reading the success stories. They will give you hope. They did for me at least.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joshua Dyer

Joshua Dyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you for the tips! I'll give them a try. I've been to two audiologists and have a Tinnitus class slated for next month. I was diagnosed with borderline hearing loss. I'm right on the cusp. Did my share of Maiden shows long ago. Hope yours get better for you, too.

7. Mike Lee

Mike Lee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      calm meditation music to mask it helps during sleep. There is an app for it I'm sure. Try everything