Is Anyone Else Seeing a Psychologist or a Therapist? Did It Help With Tinnitus?

christine kauhane

Author
Aug 13, 2013
honolulu hawaii
Tinnitus Since
june 9th 2013
In about an hour i'm off to see my psychologist, ive been seeing her ever since this T started so about 4 months at first i was going 3 times a week then after 2 months i now see her once a month.... at first i was kinda not sure if would help but when i met her and told he what i was going through with my T she told me she also had T ever since she was 9 years old ! due to loud music oh my goodness can you imagine having this shit at 9 yrs old, i was blessed to be with some one who understands me. we worked on sound therapy and how to not focus on the sound but on other sounds around you, i have learned alot there are still those days when i feel like why do i still have this but i can get my self out of that mood a little more faster without anxity and stress, i focus on other stuff around me, well is anyone else here seeing a psychologist? care to share what you learned or has it help you cope with T....

hi christine,
i am sure a psychologist can be of great help, i have not been to one but i have found that the absolute best psychologist is your inner self, we all have it in us, we just have to tap into it, personally i find being good to yourself and others around you and working on positivity as well as put the past to rest , i find to accept what you have, yes there are bothersome times but life is a wonderful gift , just that some of us have to deal with curb balls thrown at us, over here in canada where the cold winds are upon us, kevin

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now