Is It Normal to Experience Ear Pain and Headaches?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Claire1210, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Claire1210

Claire1210 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've been suffering for about 3 months now and am experiencing ear aches/pressure in both ears and headaches, slight light-headedness everyday for the last 3-4 weeks. I did go into panic mode and protect my ears with ear defenders and earplugs. The pain does worsen with noise.

I have been to my doctor again but they said to take aspirin and try and pop my ears cause I had air bubbles in one. I have an ENT appointment next week. Just worried I could have a serious problem because obviously I've gone Google mad. Plus my uncle has Meniere's Disease so I'm super scared.

I haven't done anything that the doctor said to do by the way because I have read from your threads that some of these will make it worse.

2. Extreme
      Paranoid

Extreme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      That could be an issue with your sinuses/ear infection. I'm glad you have an ENT appointment. This will hopefully rule that out. I wouldn't panic. It will only make you feel worse.

What did your doctor recommend you try that you haven't?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Claire1210

Claire1210 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Extreme i was recommended to take aspirin or ibruphen (sorry for the bad spelling) for headaches and try and hold my nose and pop my ears.

4. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Do you have a history of over exposure to loud noise? Any extremely loud noise event in your entire life could be partially to blame. Noise history is the first question people with ear problems should be asked.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Claire1210

Claire1210 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Contrast im partially deaf in one ear from a swimming accident when I was very young. I recently gained a low drone tone I think due to playing some really loud music after a night out (I know I'm so stupid) and because of constantly listening to it I think I have a high pitched one that I possibly have had since I had my swimming accident but being a child just must of just put it to the back of my mind. I only think I've always had that one because I can strangely block it out easily. The low drone tone is horrible.

6. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      That's not great advice. I wouldnt do that if I were you...

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Claire1210

Claire1210 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Juan i havnt I don't even think I could anyway sounds to painful for my ears.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      How many months ago did you play really loud music?

Did the tinnitus and ear pain start after that.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Claire1210

Claire1210 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Contrast about 3 months ago I played the really loud music. The drone tone started a couple days after. I had some pains neck and a little earache and headaches but I was extremely stressed about it. It started to subside. I took my kids to a family festival last month but was obsessed with ear protection. I used ear defenders and ear dial plugs. I think I may have slept for a little bit with ear defenders on. When I got back I was using them to hoover and when my baby cried. I think I over did it because I was super sensitive to most noises for a bit. I started introducing little noises again and the sensitivity is getting better. The pain does worsen with noise. Being in cars make my ears feel pressure and ache plus it sends my drone tone crazy.

10. razo

razo Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Audio exposure
      Try curcumin, 1 gram pr day or more, (and some peperine/bioperine with it). Also try Taurine.

• Like Like x 2
    11. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      I strongly believe it is noise induced.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Claire1210

Claire1210 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    13. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Loud noise? Of course, loud noise can cause a lot of pain. It may alter the fibers of the hearing nerve, structures in the inner ear and the haircells... it can alter the hearing system, to sum up.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    14. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Pills? Supplements?

15. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      How are you doing? I've been experiencing the same thing. Wore earplugs all day and night yesterday and the drone stopped, but it'll be back if it's continuing the same pattern as of late. Comes for 1-3 days, then calms down... then back in a few days.

Seems riding in the car aggravates it so I wear plugs now for that.

16. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      This sounds like the noise secondarily aggravates whatever you had before.

Protect from loud noises, and avoid them when you can. Do not wear earplugs 247 as you can get hyperacusis and earwax impaction from that.

17. Zugzug

Zugzug Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Autoimmune hyperacusis from Sjogren's Syndrome
      I also get headaches from my hyperacusis. It's only with noise exposure. Using my own voice triggers it a lot; if I were to speak for a few minutes, my head starts to hurt. When I stop, it also stops. I'm pretty sure this is fairly normal. My headaches become less as my symptoms improve.