Is It Possible the Ketogenic Diet Gave Me Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by DaveB, Jul 26, 2017.

1. DaveB
      Depressed

DaveB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Low freq noisy neighbor then sinus wash
      Hi all,

If you're not familiar with Keto it is basically the Atkins diet (high fat, low carb). Looking back I realize that I started doing the keto diet around the same time my ears started to first bother me. Combine that with a job I had just started that had me doing long walks from the parking lot to the building, up 2 flights of stairs, and back and forth down really long hallways and I was just adding hydraulic pressure to push the cholesterol around and clog blood vessels.

I keep reading how sugar/caffeine/stress/cholesterol levels can affect T.

Is it possible that I clogged the blood vessels in my ears near my inner ear with all the cholesterol/fat and it kinda "burst" near my inner ears bothering my cochlea?

I had some pretty bad pain in my ears (it hurt to chew/swallow/lie down and even do the valsava maneuver, holding my nose and blowing). I had overdosed on liquid B12 drops and liquid D3 drops (as recommended by one poster as to how he got rid of his T) also just prior that day.

But maybe it could've been my eustachian tubes being infected and inflamed....I just don't know.

If it was blood vessel damage to my ears is that recoverable?

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Possibly see a DR and get some labs done....

3. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Keto makes mine higher...I was gonna try B12...that made yours worse?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DaveB
      Depressed

DaveB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Low freq noisy neighbor then sinus wash
      The B12 didn't make it worse. I was probably taking too much of it, but I blame the D3 more.