Is It Possible to Work with a Drilling Machine?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dja, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      What kind of noise are we talking about? You might want to minimize the time you spend wearing earplugs. If you don't expect to be exposed to the kind of noise that could give you a spike, you might want to not wear earplugs.

What you might also do is watch TV (or clips on your computer) with the volume set to the maximum that you can listen to without experiencing any problems. This way you will ensure that you don't get hyperacusis...
      If you are able to stay away from the power tool noise, hopefully within 3-6-12-24 months you will get better...

Personally, I choose to stay away from moderate noises like that of a vacuum cleaner...

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dja
      Mellow

Dja Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fridge, computer fans and lots of annoying sounds and stress
      At work its drilling machine but outside of that the loudest is being in the car. At home its quiet. I used to wear them throughout the whole day and it made everything worse. But now I only wear them during work. I got my new protectors btw. They are much much better. Things are going a little better now too since I stopped overprotecting.

Anyway thanks for evertything Bill Bauer. I appreciate it but total silence is not working for me. There's one sound I don't hear anymore since I quit the earplugs. I used to hear like a mechanical screeching noise in my right ear which dissapeared since I've been having normal loud sounds that arent harmful be heard once again. I think its also me less worrying about them which is causing me less to be overly obsessed by them.

Anyway I have a question about hyperacusis. Is it weird that the muscle tensing, which causes the feeling of ear fulness, shifts from one ear to the other and is never happening on both ears?

• Good Question Good Question x 1