Is It True Some Members Cured Their Reactive Tinnitus with Keppra or Other Seizure Medications?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Layla23, Jan 9, 2019.

1. HootOwl

HootOwl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explanation in About You
      I did not.

• Like Like x 1
    2. SadMan
      Tired

SadMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I did. I'm on the 18th day of Keppra. It has not had an effect yet, nor has it had any side effects.

• Like Like x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. teacher34

teacher34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Prescription megadose ibuprofin combined with noise exposure
      How did it go for you in the long run?

4. IntotheBlue03

IntotheBlue03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cervical/TBD
      @Krolo, just curious why you stopped taking Keppra when it sounds like you were having success? I’d give anything to reduce the reactivity.

5. Krolo

Krolo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1999 , Worse in September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Volume
      I would say that the negative effects of Keppra wasn't worth it, I also wasn't sure that I could account for the change with it.

Biggest change was with Zoloft. Changed a lot. Sadly people react differently to meds. One person's poison is another one's savior.

6. IntotheBlue03

IntotheBlue03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cervical/TBD
      Thanks @Krolo. What was the effect of Zoloft for you? Just curious as I’ve never heard of a positive one to be honest lol.

7. Krolo

Krolo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Volume
      Well. I had extreme stress for about 4 months with a tinnitus that felt like 100 dB in both ears and head. On top of a hyperacusis that started at 42 dB.

After taking my first pill I felt that it mattered less. So I figured I should continue. Took about a month to be able to listen to something on TV again. Took it for about 8 months.

Nowadays if I try to take Zoloft I feel I hear some new tinnitus sounds. So I think that Zoloft works for some people and quite possible very well for those who have an extremely high stress and emotional response.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. IntotheBlue03

IntotheBlue03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cervical/TBD
      So interestingly enough, now that I have gone through the ringer with that severely reactive tinnitus, I am better (less reactive and intrusive with a volume of 1-2) and recovering from severe PTSD that the tinnitus gave me. However, now in their place I have PPPD, another distressing constant condition that coincidentally only responds to SSRIs like Zoloft and Benzos.

Highly upset but happy I was able to locate your good experience with Zoloft again on here!

• Hug Hug x 2
    9. Krolo

Krolo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Volume
      I will tell you this. Biggest part of it for me was a kind of acceptance. Whatever happens I will push through and adapt. Also sometimes I realized that since my tinnitus changes from time to time, I see it from a positive note since a change in it is a respite from the monotony of the sounds lol.

I am truly happy that you find happiness in being out of the worst part. The rest will follow!

• Like Like x 1
    10. Mufasa

Mufasa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      Anyone else try Keppra recently or have any input?