Is My Tinnitus Odd?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by caesar, Apr 23, 2018.

1. caesar

caesar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Tinnitus started in 2014 with no apparent reason. It comes and goes. Sometimes I can go 2 days without tinnitus.

What I think is odd is, most of the time I can drink a few beers and it will go away. It does not bother me when I go to bed or while I am asleep and I wake up without it. But within a couple hours it begins at a low pitch then increases after that. Starts in the left ear then moves to the center of my head.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. PortalNaut

PortalNaut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late 2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      @caesar, I have also found some relief by drinking beer, and I will keep doing in so, in moderation, and reviewing my reactions.

There is some common advice to abstain from alcohol as it will increase one's T. But I think the effect may vary from person to person. I found a survey at TT on this topic (below) and approximately 1/3 of people reported alcohol increased their T, 1/3 had no affect, and for 1/3 alcohol lowered the level of T. The balance of almost 6% had, like you, T cessation!

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/poll-what-effect-does-alcohol-have-on-your-tinnitus.11997/

Good luck!