Is There a Chance My Tinnitus WIll Go Away? I'm Only 15 Years Old

Discussion in 'Support' started by m4gnus, May 6, 2018.

1. m4gnus
      Joyful

m4gnus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I have had tinnitus for 2 weeks now and it has decreased a bit but not much. I don't know how i got it and I don't find anything online that can help me.

I'm only 15 years old and my dream is to become a musician, so to live the rest of my life with high pitched tinnitus make me really depressed and anxious, do you guys think it will go away?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Mellow7

Mellow7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It really depends on the cause of the tinnitus. Do you have any idea as to what may have caused it? Do you remember being exposed to loud sounds a bit over two weeks ago? If you think that it is due to loud sounds, then there is a lot of chance of it going away and you making a full recovery. Check out this thread: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/spontaneous-recovery-stats-many-recover-3-studies.21441/

You should, however, give your ears as much rest as you can in the meanwhile. Try to not go to very loud events until you are sure that you have tabs on how this may affect you. If you do end op going, make sure you use ear protection (ear plugs or muffs). I personally would abstain from using headphones as well.

Also, try not to occupied with it too much. Use masking sounds (at reasonable volumes), such as nature sounds, the tv or music. Whatever you do, do not listen for it and try not to check whether it has changed. The less you think about it, the better it will turn out for you.

Take care and good luck.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      m4gnus
      Joyful

m4gnus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Do you remember being exposed to loud sounds a bit over two weeks ago?
      After i got the ringing in my ears i did a sound test on youtube (super bad idea). Do you think the high pitched noice damaged my ears?

4. Mellow7

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No, I don't think that it did. It is not the pitch that makes noise dangerous, but the volume, the duration of exposure and distance to the source of the sound. You shouldn't worry about moderate sounds.

But do you have an idea of what took place before you got the ringing that might have caused it?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      m4gnus
      Joyful

m4gnus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I actually dont have any idea. The volume at my school is pretty high and i play alot of music, but i have always been careful with pretecting my ears.
      A question, if it is a loud noice just for a few seconds, is it still dangerous?

6. Mellow7

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It would be dangerous if it was incredibly loud, such as firing a gun, which I'm sure you didn't do. If it was just a sound played from your pc then it couldn't have been that loud and wouldn't have caused hearing damage. Also, know that many people with tinnitus perceive sounds to be much louder than they actually are, because our ears are a bit sensitive in the beginning. This does get better though, so don't worry.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      m4gnus
      Joyful

m4gnus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thanks alot, it really gives me hope that it will go away soon, it means alot to me <3

• Like Like x 1
    8. Jenny Guo

Jenny Guo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello, I'm Jenny. I'm 14 years old and I've had tinnitus ever since I was 7. The ringing was so quiet that I was able to ignore it for years. A few weeks ago the ringing suddenly got worse. It's still the same sound but much louder. The only time that I hear it is when I'm in a quiet room or when I'm trying to sleep at night. I listen to rain noises on Spotify to mask the ringing and it works pretty well. Anyways take care and good luck!!