Is There Any Supplement or Medication That Can Make Residual Inhibition of Tinnitus Last Longer?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Feb 28, 2016.

1. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Of course many of you are familiar with residual inhibition taking away tinnitus briefly, but is there any way it can be extended either through medication or supplements? Note: For those unfamiliar with residual inhibition please research and be very careful if you try it because it must be done at a level of sound that isn't harmful and even then it might be harmful (I am thinking). I don't want anyone damaging their ears. To be honest, I think I might have screwed up one of my ears one time doing it.

2. Mark662
      Transparent

Mark662 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1988
      Not that I am aware of. No supplement or medication can specifically quieten tinnitus from RI.
      I only wish there was something. The holy grail....

• Like Like x 1
    3. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      No one can be 100% certain unless they've tried every supplement on the market that's touted as helping tinnitus, but I would say no.

4. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      For me, 600mg of NAC and 10mg of vinpocetine, every 6 hours, helps. I also take a product called OGF and a super B complex in the morning. Magnesium, zinc and 450mg of Choline at night.

You have to find your own mixture of stuff, but at the end of the day, you'll still have some form of wretched Tinnitus, lurking in the shadows.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      Finding something that helps with tinnitus is the very definition of serendipity. Lately I have become very negative I don't think that this condition will be resolved in our lifetime. If it is barely understood then it is nearly impossible to fix it, especially when it is the chronic variety. There is hope for the acute stage.