Is This a Tinnitus Spike? Caused by Noise or TMJ Disorders or Sleeping Problems or Something Else?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kritish Gooriah, May 31, 2018.

1. Kritish Gooriah
      Buzzed

Kritish Gooriah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear surgery acoustic trauma tmj ETD
      Since last week, I have had sleeping problems and I took ibuprofen to alleviate inflammation after dental work, and my tinnitus was quieter and my hearing was better. I think I have TMJ disorders.

Between Thursday and Friday, I had to babysit my niece and Friday evening, I ate a pizza and I played videogames at a friend's house.

Sunday, I heard music during the preparations of a marriage of a friend during approximately 5 hours in a small apartment, I have an application on my smartphone, I measured the noise level a few times. The noise level was of (56,9 db leq max, dB: between 31 and 66, peak dB: between 42,6 and 89,2).

Since then, I have felt a tinnitus spike. I see a new family doctor, Monday, he didn't prescribe me prednisone and Wednesday, I asked him a prescription of prednisone, he didn't want to prescribe it, according to him, prednisone is dangerous, he told me, I can take one or two tablets of ibuprofen.

Today, I saw his colleague, I asked him for prednisone, he doesn't want to prescribe me prednisone for this situation but he prescribed me muscle relaxers for my TMJ problem.

Between Sunday and Wednesday, I had my aunt visiting and my house was noisy (conversation, conversation and music on smartphone between my mother, my aunt and other persons) and I have less hours of sleeping.

I haven't had a good sleeping time between Thursday and Wednesday. I think I will go to see my old family doctor, tomorrow, for a prednisone prescription and I take magnesium, vitamin, vasodilators, ibuprofen for my TMJ disorders.

What do you think please?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Prednisalone should not be given out so easily as .The oher two doctors are right.
      Love glynis