Is This Louder Now? Help.

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by Stacey427, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. Stacey427
      Alienated

Stacey427 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2014
      Hi Dr Nagler.

Seven weeks ago out of no where permanant tinnitus in the form of the ringing appeared on both ears (worse in left) I have been extremely depressed and my anxiety and sleep patterns are all over the place.
      Up until last night I was learning to live with it up until someone a a BBQ decided to set off (for approx five- six seconds) an air/ gas horn. I was standing with my left ear (the worse one) about two metres away from it.

I am now so distraught, I woke up and the ringing felt louder. No muffled ears or dizziness, just what I feel is a spike is the ringing. I've tried to stay calm and take b12 and magnesium but I'm not sure if the damage to the already existing tinnitus is worse?
      Someone suggested steriods ? I don't want to take that route if possible as I am not sure whether the spike is from the horn or the anxiety (probably both) but I already can stand to be in a quiet room or go to bed at night. If this has made it worse I seriously don't know of I can cope.

Any advice would be very much appreciated! Thank you

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      @Stacey427 -

I suggest at this point that you undergo a thorough ENT and audiological evaluation, preferably in the hands of clinicians who understand tinnitus. Perhaps you can check with the fine folks at the Australian Tinnitus Association, NSW for some suggestions in that regard.

There is also an excellent DVD called "The 4 Keys to Successful Tinnitus Management" that is available through the Tinnitus Association of Victoria with some wonderful pointers.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Stephen Nagler