"It Could Take a Decade or More, but It's a Possibility"

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Aaron, Jan 29, 2014.

1. swc5150

swc5150 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2012
      My father is alive today, due to cancer treatments not available even 5 years ago. There are breakthroughs for various medical conditions quite often, you just may not hear about them unless they directly affect you. Let's not lose sight of how many medical conditions CAN be treated in the day and age. There are more resources being put towards hearing loss and T than ever before, so I have no doubt some form of treatment is near. Heck, AM101 being so close to market is proof of that alone. AM102 will hopefully be soon to follow.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      I Totally agree and believe this too man,
      one of my uncles had bad cancer 15+ years ago and died.
      guy i know had the same type and got cured.
      science is so advanced nowadays
      people who are like "they are not gonna be able to cure tinnitus in less than 20 years"
      are people who are stuck in the 80's medical models lol.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      I lost one of my best friends to Hepatitis C. A year later, the cure was on the market.

Never lose hope and faith.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      damn :/
      sorry about your friend pathmaker,
      medicine/marketing is, always so unexpected.
      but yes, the evolution of medicine goes way faster than past years.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      20 years! Youll be a bag of nerves and anxiety.

6. vegasjon

vegasjon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      You optimists. It's people like you that believed John F. Kennedy when he pledged to get a man to the moon and back.

But seriously, I wish I shared your confidence. My natural pessimism (I consider it "realism") coupled with the actual dearth of any real inspiring announcements keeps me... well, let's just say I expect to be "ringing" in the new year for decades to come.

• Funny Funny x 1
    7. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey VegasJon,
      i dont wanna sound rude because thats not my point, just realistic...
      as far as i know, you or me could die tomorrow morning, or maybe win the lottery next month, the chances are infinite.
      we dont have control over things. the idea of you having your ears ringing for the next decades to come... is also "optimistic" if you know what i mean hahaha, but also it just an "idea"
      being positive or negative....both are the same just the same...ideas, with different results.

thank you about the confidence comment, my perspective on this is purely based on actual events....
      am 101, am 111, otonomy, decibel therapeutics, kyoto university, etc...
      all im saying is purely based on current studies and events, and just like some poster stated above....
      "there are medicines and cures for people, that 5 years werent available".
      medicine and science are going faster nowadays compared to 10 years ago.

and yes you have some truth in your words, im also a bit of optimistic.
      but its better than being "realistic". if you think about it... being optimistic improves my mood the whole day,
      and makes me feel good, and thats what matters at the end of the day, who wants to have ears ringing and also a bad day because of negative ideas...
      not me hehehe :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    8. vegasjon

vegasjon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Like I said - you optimists!

I don't doubt for a minute that your outlook helps you cope. I think it's great... Really. I just don't see myself getting there. I think part of it is that I can't be Charlie Brown convincing myself that this time, for sure, I'm gonna kick that football -- only for Lucy to inevitably pull it away. I can't handle that. I'd rather accept that it's not happening and be pissed about it. If some day, someone other than Lucy holds the ball and I really CAN kick it, then great!

Right now, everything I see on possible progress looks like Lucy. And I'm waiting on solutions to both the T and the life-changing hearing loss that I'm also saddled with... So I need multiple Lucy replacements.

Getting off topic though. I applaud all who share info here and will continue to troll for signs of solutions.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months

tinnitus has 500 000 million people in varius form, and well we would heart it if someone found tretment, but said that there are treatments that help some form of tinnitus.

10. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dream,

First you need to know there ate minimum 10 types of tinnitus, and 100 undertypes so one may never know what do you have and will you EVER be able to treat your type of tinnitus. Those few major will they treat or treat those who get it in short period fast so they dont develop tinnitus. You, me... we can live with it likely to the end.

11. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      haha i love charlie brown,
      but to be honest, im an optimistic person by nature.
      meaning that i naturally seek to make things easier for me, dont get me wrong im not saying that you havent tried your best, you been dealing with this since 2012, its a long time, i admire you.
      there are people in here with t and hear loss for more than 10 years, i cant imagine living for that long coping with the ups and downs.

But being optimistic is one thing.
      all im saying is that you should see from another perspective these things that are happening right now.
      imagine having t in the 80s, there wasnt even many information about "coping" and "masking"
      now we are facing lots of studies, and treatments in the making, trials and stuff.

i can honestly say that nowadays there are more advances and studies about tinnitus than in the last 100 years.

im not saying that we are gonna have a cure tomorrow, but... like i just stated above..."there are cures and treatments for diseases that werent available 5 years ago" :)

you dont have to be charlie brown :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey Christian!
      the idea of there being 10 different types of tinnitus, thats largely sold by doctors who have no idea what to tell their patients, dont work for me.
      sometimes its better to read about science studies than paying attention to regulars doctors or ENT

there might be 100 different triggers like ETD, tmj, hear loss, menieres, noise exposure etc...
      but to me is damage, just damage to the inner ear.

i know its normal and common to feel hopeless when you are living with this condition.
      but the possibilities are infinite, i cant be completely ignorant and claim that tomorrow there is gonna be a cure, or that there wont be a cure ever.
      i might be hopeless but not stupid, making assumptions about the future is only for psychics haha.

but being postive about the present/future with actual facts, science and studies in your hands. can also benefit your life.

13. John G

John G Member

I dont have an opinion on this cure thing . It would be nice to have a little more awareness about this condition though. How many people here have mentioned to anyone that they have Tinnitus?. Did that person you mention it to even know what it is,ever heard of tinnitus?. I have recently told a few people and they had no clue what tinnitus is. Not sure what I am getting at here, but wouldnt it be better if more people knew about about this condition. The more people that know,it has got to help in some way in terms of speedier treatment/ cure etc..

You know when you go to the doctors office and you sit in the waiting room. There is usually tons of various health brochures on so many health issues. Has anyone seen an actual brochure on Tinnitus?.

Just curious. Sorry for my rambling on folks

• Agree Agree x 3
    14. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:

That is not idea but truth, I have seen several doctors who are reserchers, and everyons tinnitus is almost diferent, that is why we reat diferently on tretment, why my tinnitus gone worse 21 time, and my neibour has same last 30 years. Youhave right to behold your oppinion but there is minimum 10 diferent types of tinnitus, and my is not located in audiotory centere but lymbic and is connectyed with stress.

curently studies are not really existing, more is now concentrated to diferentiate diferent types of tinnitus.

I am not chield, I seen some Europe leading neurologist like dr Daniel J. in Zurich... so yeah, you can have your oppinion i know mine

15. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There is no and will not be cute, there can be tretment that will to some extent help you, and rest will become none irritating and you will addopt, same like clothing does not bother you so you will get used on remening tinnitus. No neurological dissorder has been cured...

and about people dont know what you survive well there is video:

"I have tinnitus and I want to die"

You tell them it is not maybe your case and your pain but it is simmular and tell them to see it, becouse then they might understand what is it, ok?

There is no cure (as golden boolet) to kill t, but i wish for tretment that will lower it 50-80%

• Like Like x 2