It Got Worse Last Night. I Need Some Relief...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Animefreak, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Animefreak

Animefreak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I need some ways to distract myself from the sound!!! Help!!!

So mine started about nearly a month ago. It's been in my ear slowly getting louder and louder, a howling/pulsating sound in my ear.

For two weeks it was not getting any worse but for some reason last night it spiked REALLY REALLY BAD like 12x worse than any other day. It was all I could hear last night as well as this morning.

I'm at work now and it's not very noticeable unless things get really dead and quiet. I'm just praying that when I get into the car to go home that it won't be as loud. I was nearly in tears because of how loud it was.

2. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Please go see a doctor. This is not normal at all by tinnitus standards.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      It is a good idea to see your doctor and something may be prescribed to help your stress and sleep. Try to avoid quiet rooms and surroundings especially at night. Use low level non intrusvie music by your bedside or use a sound machine that plays nature sounds. You are new to tinnitus so there's a good chance it will reduce or go away. Exposure to loud sounds is the most common cause of it. Have you been listening to music through headphones regularly or going to places where loud music is played: clubs, concerts or bars?

Michael

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Animefreak

Animefreak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Michael Leigh I'm going to see a doctor this week for sure. And yes it gets the worst once I get home, I just got off work and the minute I got into my car it started bad again.
      Also to answer you're question, no I haven't been to any places like that. I rarely listen to headphones and I don't really go out at all I'm a pretty boring person to be honest so when this started it came out of no where. Thank you for the suggestions with the nature sounds I'm definitely going to try it before I go to bed tonight

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Have you been protecting your ears from mild noises like that of a vacuum cleaner or a blender?

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Animefreak

Animefreak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Bill Bauer no I don't think I have , well the only thing I could say I've been around is a vacuum maybe

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Animefreak

Animefreak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Michael Leigh I want to thank you so much because of you I was able to get a some slightly better sleep last night, I decided to listen to some light low volume tropical sounds and it helped lul me to sleep and I didn't hear the roaring as bad in my ear, so thank you!

8. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi @Animefreak
      Thank you for your kind compliments. I am pleased that you were able to get some sleep. Depending on what has caused your tinnitus, will help determine the kind of treatment that you require. Please make an appoinment at your GP to discuss it. Tinnitus can go away your doctor may decide referring you to ENT so tests can be carried out on your auditory system. If you are feeling stressed this is quite common with the onset of tinnitus. Your doctor will be able to prescribe something to help settle you.

Take care and hope you start to feel better soon
      All the best
      Michael

9. pathworker2017
      No Mood

pathworker2017 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 approx
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      currently unknown, conductive hearing loss suspected
      @Animefreak I can definitely empathize with you about T disturbing your sleep, I have T mostly in my right ear, constant tone and if it gets the better of me( fortunately less so lately as I have found ways to reduce the negative effect) then the following day finds me in a bit of a lethargic state, not to mention being irritable and not exactly the best person to be around.

bottom line, glad to hear you are getting a better nights sleep