It Shall Go Away

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Enzo312, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Enzo312
      Caffeine

Enzo312 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Hello people,

Such a wonderful forum, although the reason that makes us here is something unpleasant but it's good to read and see that YOU ARE NOT ALONE :D

Ok, So briefly I find this mysterious.
      I felt my ear clogged for a certain time, I check with my ENT prof, he told me its the Eustachian tube and just forget about it and it shall heal on it's own. ( I have had a nose surgery with this prof just 1 month before this, it was for the deviation I had)
      Later on, I started hearing heartbeat in my right ear, like as if my heart is beating from my ear. The strange thing is that when i press under my ear on the Vein, Horaaaay the pulsing goes away and when I clog my ear also it goes away, if I turn my neck right or left it also goes away, when I lay down to sleep it also goes away ( surely I am happy cause I don't have it 24/7). It seems to be present only when my head is straight ( while standing or sitting) or when I am doing an activity, I can't hear it when I am in the car, or walking, because of the noise. I am not sure if this is even Tinnitus! because As I have read here it is 24/7 mostly and it bothers at night and when sleeping while mine doesn't.
      So, I went to another ENT Prof. while i was in Canada, he told me my ears are clean and sent me to hearing test, my hearing came out to be excellent! he gave me an ear popper that helps opening the Eustachian tube, but nothing seems to be helping.
      I just stopped exercising because it will bother me and it will make me worry more, I am trying not to do big efforts during the day or to get stressed to avoid increasing my blood pressure so that i don't listen to this heart beat.
      Does anyone have any idea? I am trying not to think that I have serious issue since I have read many things online that freaked me out, at some times I was thinking how long do I still have to live!
      I get really worried easily and then I start a series of Panic attacks, I am hopping it's fluid inside ear or blocked tube because my ear doesn't feel alright, it feels full, i do hope it's nothing serious and that it shall go away , because when this happens I stop thinking about anything and focus on it and it starts getting louder because I am listening to it.
      On the positive side, I am trying to live with it and I would tell myself " that's your heartbeat you are listening to so it means your heart is still beating and you are alive" :D

PS: I fly a lot due to my work so yes I do get exposed to different pressures in my ears.

Thank you for reading, and I really hope form the bottom of my heart that everyone of you here get relieved from whatever sort of noise or pain (L)

2. Mike K
      Tolerant

Mike K Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      Sounds like we are in a similar boat Enzo. 2.5 months ago I heard the ringing and soon after a sinus infection followed. At the time I figured it was a low grade cold because I wasn't bedridden or anything. Fast forward to now, I still cough up mucus every 30 minutes, and my ears make the same pooping or clicking noise you have described. The tinnitus has gone away on a few occasions, and last week it seemed like it was almost gone. But the ear crackling leads me to believe that the eustachian tube still hasn't normalized, so my brain hasn't normalized.

I also have heard my heartbeat, and I think that is due to the arteries around the E-tube. Since everything is a little irritated and enflamed, the arteries are a little irritated as well. Circulation isn't the way it should be. This isn't a definite but it makes sense to me.

I hope for the both of us we can continue to cope until our bodies can fix themselves. Fingers crossed!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Enzo312
      Caffeine

Enzo312 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Hey Mike,

Thank you for taking time in reading and then replying, I am so glad that the ringing in your ear is gone and now you are dealing with the ear crackling.
      Well yes I think there is a big possibility for this to be the cause, because somedays I feel my ear normal and it's the days I hear my heart beats less, but when i feel they are clogged then my heart beat is so clear , i can just press on the vein going to my ear and it would stop.
      I am thinking now to take decongestions to clear the clogged area inside, maybe it will help and I hope it does. If no, then I will visit the ENT again!
      Fingers crossed as well, have a great day ahead!
      Cheers,

4. Mike K
      Tolerant

Mike K Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      Unfortunately the ringing hasn't gone away completely, but it's been reduced to a very low level, which is a sign that the infection is going away! It's just been such a long process...the ENT I went to told me to use Afrin (no more than 3 days in a row of course) which is a nasal spray and that definitely helps open up the sinuses. What I have an issue with is that every morning I wake up feeling just as stuffy as I did the morning prior. A shower helps to clear things up but I want to see some progress over night, not a relapse into congestion!!!

I'm just going to keep chugging fluids and try to kill this thing once and for all. I'll give myself another couple of weeks before considering going back to the doctor. You have a great day as well!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Enzo312
      Caffeine

Enzo312 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      I hope it clears out once and for all!!
      For myself, my pulse is still in my ear but i can manage it if i turn my neck the other way and if I keep the heart at a resting case cause when it goes up or races then i'll hear it again :( , good thing it doesn't bother me when I sleep, my over worries is that it doesn't get worse by time. I will give it 2 more weeks before seeing my ENT again.

6. Mike K
      Tolerant

Mike K Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      That's good that it's not relentless. For me, the heart beat appears only on occasion, and especially when I'm laying on my side in bed. My guess is both the congestion and circulation trying its best to pump blood into arteries in a swollen area.

I hope the beating in your ears subsides! Be sure to drink plenty of fluids, that can help with circulation (I'm sure you already do this). Good luck!