It's 3 am and I'm Here

Discussion in 'Support' started by Miranda, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Miranda
      Breezy

Miranda Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Two days ago I went for a massage, thinking it might help me to lessen the sound of my T. NOPE. It actually got worse. Same thing happened after I saw the chiropractor. I feel like I do better not trying to seek any help. I have an appointment I just made with a neurologist. I am wondering if I should just cancel? Does anyone get actual relief from therapies? Sometimes when I go to bed I know that there is a chance when I wake up that the T will be less LOUD. Makes me want to sleep all the time. That is not a good way to live. It is now 3am, my T is loud and I feel defeated.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      I went and saw a movie tonight. Wore ear plugs. I loved the movie but my T was hard to ignore. Started shaking at one point. And the T was low tonight. Trying to feel normal after avoiding the movie for over a month. It was almost depressing. In trying to stay positive.

I've never had therapy for my tinnitus. It seems like some of the members here have had some luck with it from what I've read. Going to give it a try myself. Don't cancel your appointment, maybe the doctor can give you some advice. I go to all my appointments for T, it sometimes makes me feel better.

Try and get some sleep, I'm going to try.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      As zombiechick says,
      Some people to find therapy helps their tinnitus like physio on your back if have back problems or neck.
      It also could be due to the relaxing effect like acupuncture. ..
      Keep your appointment and let us know how you go on.....lots of love glynis

4. daniel1111
      Shitfaced

daniel1111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, repeated exposure with loud headphones.
      We all know that listening for your T makes it worse.

Could it simply be that every time you try something that may be a wonder cure, you are left wondering if it did anything, therefore more actively listen out for your T, making it worse?