It's Gone

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Bryce Schmitz, May 30, 2017.

1. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      Looks like he only had it for 1 month..

• Like Like x 2
    2. Chaz

Chaz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      John has your tinnitus gotten any better? Like you, I got mine from a loud concert and I'm just curious if you have seen improvements.

3. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      Jehovah

4. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hello Chaz,

I was doing pretty good for a while until work got stressful and I started eating junk food on occasion.

I have been running again though and know that I will get in a better place soon.

There are 2 things that I plan on doing in a couple weeks. -- A very strict diet which I did in my second month and it did wonders. And Magnesium Lysinate Glycinate Chelate (its on Amazon).

The super healthy diets are a pain in the first week but they do really put me in a better frame of mind and off of T.

Does the T sound go down? Yes, but it all has to do with getting it to "calm down" with a good diet.

You are a year behind me.. -- How are you doing?

5. Casper

Casper Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music at concert
      I really want to get back to running, but I've come across a few threads on here where people say that the hard impact of your feet on the ground can make T worse because of damage to the inner ear. Has running had any negative effect on your T?

6. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't listen to them. -- Running is not going to effect those tiny hairs which are already fallen down like hay in a field.. :)

My T spikes after running or cardio, however, that is only because the blood is pumping and builds pressure in your head.

I've been through every phase of this and the worst for my T is the salty foods and/or processed sugar. -- I just love the unhealthy food but know that I need to give it up anyway. -- It's ironic that T is forcing me to do so.

Go for a run Casper! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Chaz

Chaz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Hey John,

Sometimes I feel like it's improving an It will go away, and then other times I feel as if its gotten worse.

I have been doing the Magnesium for a bit , but in the citrate form. I recently just ordered Magnesium Glycinate as I hear its the most absorbed form.

My biggest hurdle at the moment is hyperacusis, I'm still super sensitive to noisy environments. Crowded restaurants are ok for about 30 minutes, then my ears start bothering me.

8. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I live in Chicago and my wife knows that if we walk into a noisy restaurant, we aren't staying. Ha ha.. It is more because we can't hear each other talk though.

I would stay away from noisy places and carry the ear plugs. -- It would take a hell of a lot to match the sound level that my right ear experienced when I cupped my had to hear Angus's guitar solos. I can still feel the burning in my ear when I did that several times. I would stop and then do it again. So fucking stupid but we can't go back in time, only learn from our mistakes and remember that there are people who are much worse off than us (hard to do sometimes I know.. T can be real annoying especially on a bad day..)

9. JimJimJalabim
      Lucky

JimJimJalabim Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/23/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Ive had it for about a week. It makes me anxious, nervous, and stressed. Mine wasn't from an audio event, it just started one evening. You have given me hope.

10. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Why? There's someone here who keeps list of prayers as well. We are saved!

11. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      I am not a believer in God but I do believe in faith. I think if you believe in something strong enough it will only help, not hurt your chances for recovery. Good luck to you and protect you ears.

12. John G

John G Member

If there is a god. Imagine hearing prayers from billions of people all day every day. His stress levels would be through the roof hearing so many prayers. He surely would have developed T by now

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    13. MattL
      Jaded

MattL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's

But he is god! Nothing bad happens to him! Only the devil gets T

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    14. MattL
      Jaded

MattL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's
      Ok. Well all I can say is that I wish I could be as simple minded as that person. Life might be worth living.

15. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Sure. Me2