I've Been Hearing Beeping Sounds in My Head. Any Suggestions as to What to Do About It?

Discussion in 'Support' started by sol auerbach, Dec 16, 2015.

1. sol auerbach

sol auerbach Member

Tinnitus Since:
      the last 24 hours ive been hearing a beeping sound repeating in my head every other second.
      its based on an annoying beeping sound i heard regularely in a certain room in the place i work at.
      it was from a battery i think in a smoke detactor that was old and dying. they finally replaced it and the beeping noise is gone, but its been repeating in my head the last 24 hours and has been driving me up a wall.
      any help on what to do about this is urgently needed and appreciated.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Sol,
      Im sure it will settle down over the next few days but if not then pop in to see your doctor and he can check your ears too .
      Some doctors can give you steroids to try in the first few days.
      Let us know how you are getting on..lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sol auerbach

sol auerbach Member

Tinnitus Since:
      thanx for the response.
      ive already learnt how to deal with tinnitus and many other noises years back.
      been to ents, nothing serious from a physical perspective.
      ive had annoying noises repeating in my head in the passed and learnt how to deal with and eventually get id of it, but this one has been unbareable

4. 3ri0w

3ri0w Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2012, H 2016, 12/2018(?)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noises, ringing came back 12/2018 after 1year of silent
      Wonder what causes this? I have the same thing too. There is a construction site close to where I live and I can hear the "vehicle backing up" beeping sound in my head even after they have done the day's work.....

5. sara
      Alone

sara Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Hello

Omg I have the same thing now.
      I have a beeping sort of sound like construction
      I mean construction has been happening by my house over 2 years and I thought I was okay. Then I started getting insomnia and waking up in fear in the middle of the night and all of a sudden these beeping , sirens sounds in my head! Even felt like it was a heart beat. Any sound will muffle down to this even if I am in a very busy environment. I have to calm myself down and try to unhear. I have had tinnitus for the past 3 years and I have managed to habituate to it. But now this is driving me crazy.

6. bob bauer

bob bauer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss- medication
      I have an intermittent type writer/ morse code beeping. Will this go away? My God.