I've Got a Real Nasty Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by object16, Apr 27, 2018.

1. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      I've been battling this disease, and last year even came down with low frequency hypersensitivity/ generalized sound hypersensitivity/ plus tinnitus/hyperacusis.

Stupidly, I somehow swallowed a dental crown, and went to dentist.

Dentist did not talk about any options, just set to work putting in some steel pin, and "making" a tooth out of cement, and then grinding it to the correct shape.

Halfway through was already too much, but apparently you can't stop at that point, so now I am in real bad shape tinnitus wise.

Gone from stable chronic bad to unstable very bad, and that was 2 weeks ago. I've got very minimal improvement.

Prior, my hyperacusis so bad that I wear Bose QC25 all the time everywhere, with an mp3 player set on very low, such as Enya music. now I'm really bummed/depressed - having an awful time sleeping, get very minimal sleep.

Help.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      I've read dental related spikes lasting for up to 3 months! Dental procedures irritate your trigeminal nerve and it will take some time to go down... The trigeminal nerve can be affected by what you went through. Give your ears a rest, it will be better in a few weeks.

Can you try some meds to get some sleep?

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      Hi, i did try some meds, yesterday the tinnitus was less, today it is more. my doctor is very stingy with allowances of sleep meds, possibly he doesn't want to get me addicted, but i can't live without sleep. sometimes i wish i had some natural disease that would finish me off quickly.
      thanks for the very nice reply, and encouragement.
      i've had spikes before, many many of them, it seems as time goes by, it is more and more easy to spike, and the spike lasts longer. it is so demoralizing for me, because i try so hard to get better.