Japanese Green Tea Has Improved My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by El BUZZ, Jul 21, 2021.

1. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

El BUZZ Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Hi there, tinnitus folks.

For the last seven months I've been extra picky choosing my green tea. I've always drank plenty of it not being very exigent about its quality. Drank gunpowder mainly. Then I jumped to the astonishing world of high quality Japanese ones. Gyokuro, Kabusecha, Sencha... I brew them in a Japanese clay teapot being very strict with the steeping parameters.

I drink 4 or 6 cups daily. The cups are smaller than occidental mugs.

I can clearly feel a lowering in the perception of my tinnitus since I started with this. Keep in mind the amount of antioxidants along with many other healthy stuff contained in Japanese tea.

Also, for sport performance purposes, I take daily doses of Magnesium, Omega 3 & 6, Collagen + Hyaluronic acid + Resveratrol, Vitamin c + Bioflavonoids, Curcumin + Black pepper, Maca, Ginkgo biloba and BCAAs.

After 6 years I've noticed a dramatic decrease in the perception of my tinnitus.

• Like Like x 12
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. sensualmosquito
      Confused

sensualmosquito Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      6-8 khz HL, T and H from gunshots
      I drink green tea that I get from the World Market but I haven't noticed any changes as of yet. I am going to start taking more antioxidants though, and I want to drink more tea even though it can be kinda expensive!

Glad to hear that your tinnitus has gone down. I'm a little over a year in and have hearing loss too but I hope to have some symptom relief over time.

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      El BUZZ
      Buzzed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Put it in petspective, mate. 50 g of quality Sencha can be in the $15 range. I personally use 3 g for a 100 ml cup. You can get three extractions from the same quantity of loose tea. I mean, steep it three times. You're paying around $0.31 per cup. How much is a capsule of Nespresso?

I'm not saying I'm cured by Japanese tea but I suspect antioxidants are doing something positive. In any case, packing your body with Theanine, cathequins and antioxidants is always a good investment and if it comes in a tasty way, it's more than welcome!

• Like Like x 4
    4. Oabmarcus

Oabmarcus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/30/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress and years of using earbuds/headphones
      How can you be sure it's the tea? It sounds like you are taking a ton of other stuff. Don't teas have caffeine and therefore tend to spike tinnitus?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      El BUZZ
      Buzzed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Not for everyone. There's people out there drinking outrageous amounts of coffee/tea and not seeing their tinnitus spiking.

As for what's helping me, I've been taking that ton of other stuff prior to start with Japanese tea and hadn't seen the positive effects I'm seeing now, although this fker is spiking as hell today.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Mary97

Mary97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic trauma but diagnosed with otosclerosis
      Unfortunately green tea upsets my belly. It's a mystery because I can drink black tea or coffee no problem.

@El BUZZ, just wanted to compliment you on your vocabulary!!! I learned a new word, exigent!! I also very much appreciate the fker thrown in for good measure. :cool: :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
    7. Oabmarcus

Oabmarcus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/30/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Have you tried overdosing on vitamin D? Like 10,000+ IU a day?

8. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Green tea also works for me. It's not anything miraculous but it makes me feel better.

I drink ordinary Chinese green tea (leaves, not tea bags). I have tried different qualities, but nothing fancy, and it makes me feel good.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      El BUZZ
      Buzzed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      All types of tea come from the same plant: Camellia Sinensis. Depending on the harvesting and oxidation process, different kinds of teas are obtained (black, white, oolong, pu erh, etc...) Then each type works in a way for each person. So not so weird it upsets your stomach.

Thanks for your compliment. English is not my first language, I'm self taught. And yes, fking or fker is a good universal measuring unit.

Hugs!
      I'll read about that. What can I expect if I do so? I take loads of supplements since I practice boxing which is a highly demanding sport.
      The way caffeine interacts with cathequins and theanine is very interesting. Coffee's caffeine gets released much faster and then goes down very fast as well. It's like a caffeine kick. That's why it is so addictive and coffee drinkers have lots of daily cups.

Tea's caffeine gets released slower and it lasts longer in your organism plus cathequins and theanine working on your brain synapses giving you a much better mood.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I just can't have coffee. It makes my tinnitus worse, and also upsets my stomach. For some reason, green tea works.

• Like Like x 2
    11. Oabmarcus

Oabmarcus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/30/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Helps with your tinnitus? People have cured their tinnitus with overdose of vitamin D.

12. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      Name one.

It's a hormone, at best I've heard of it protecting from overinflammation, but it isn't an anti-inflammatory, it's a modulator. More of it won't make a large effect unless you're deficient.

30% more than daily requirement is basically all that will help inflammatory issues, too much could induce osteoporosis via calcium binding.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    13. Oabmarcus

Oabmarcus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/30/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Here is a study, you can read it yourself, prick...

Attached Files:

14. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      I mean. I can fart out random overseas articles too.

This is fine and dandy but one could argue that the vitamin deficiency of those participants was the original reason or at least definitely led to increased tinnitus.

The term overdose literally implies higher than normal levels and that the large influx of the vitamin assisted tinnitus levels. This article describes correcting the levels with weekly administrations, not overdosing.

However, they were deficient, as I previously stated, that would be the only circumstance it would help.

• Like Like x 2
    15. josh77

josh77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/4/2015
      I've been drinking Matcha for the past week or so. I replaced the tea that had added sugar. It does help distract and keep my mind motivated on other things. It could simple be the removal of a drink with added sugar and/or everything in the tea is working with my body and helps ease things a bit. Who knows but at least it doesn't make my tinnitus worse.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    16. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      I have had vitamin D supplements with absolutely no impact on my tinnitus or hyperacusis.

17. Robster
      Irritated

Robster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Jan 2021 MRI, Worsened Nov 2021 Vaccine, Oct 2023 Smoke Alar
      Wow what a thoroughly unpleasant person you are. Is there any need for the unecessary name calling?

• Agree Agree x 2
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      El BUZZ
      Buzzed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      IMG_20210803_143828.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      El BUZZ
      Buzzed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I have never tried Matcha but I guess it's going to happen sooner than later. If you research on how caffeine interacts with theanine and cathequins you'll find some awesome stuff. There are scientific findings on how they help in uplifting your mood apart from a huge number of positive effects from the antioxidants. That in my picture is a cup of Kabusecha, brewed in my Tokoname clay handmade Kyusu. I keep it as purist as I can.

• Agree Agree x 1