Joining the Forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gabs, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Gabs

Gabs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Surgery as a child, father suffers with it.
      I was Googling the latest Tinnitis news as I have been a sufferer for many years and I am getting to the stage where it's becoming very hard to deal with. I can now hear it over the TV and it's affecting my hearing. The left side is a loud high pitch and the right side is a droning sound.

I nearly succumbed to buying the Tinnitus Terminator programme until I got onto this site.

The only thing I am aware of and know people who have had success is a new hearing aid. It's tiny and fits into your ear canal (so I have been told) and it somehow cuts the sound out. I am at a point where I am going to go and find out about it.

I will look through this forum though and see what all the other feedback is.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Welcome to the forum. I too here my t over the tv unless theres alot of noise coming from it. If its just people talking i will hear t clearly over that and i rate mine as moderate at worst. I play some purple noise on low along side it sometimes and that takes out the t noise. Weird because the volume from my tv is much louder but doesn't do anywhere near as good as a job as some low purle noise.

• Like Like x 1
    3. marbarpinl

marbarpinl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not known
      I too have seen this tinnitus terminator programme and would like to clarify if it is a scam or if anyone has tried it?