Just Can't Understand Why It Gets So Bad at Night

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marie79, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      as soon a as 5-6 rolls around it started to bother me a lot more. I think it's more than the sound it's obviously that terrible fear that it's getting worse.

I'm having to listen now to headphones all night but not ear buds and not at a high volume and the doctors say not to do that....are they saying that only because it's harder to habituate or do you think it will make it all permanently worse?

2. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Same here, around 3 til about 2 in the morning it's louder, I think because of what I eat. In the morning it's so quiet. I haven't listened to ear buds I'm too scared. I am training my ears bc I work at a place that plays music a little loud. It hasn't made it worse but I'm trying to see how much my ears can take! Hope you get better!

3. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Im not really sure, i think its perception, because its totally quiet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Purple Parrot
      Bookworm

Purple Parrot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015 - 3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple: anxiety, childhood ear infections, loud music
      Night time is when tinnitus is most bothersome for me. Have you tried masking sounds? Everyone has their own preferences...I know the crickets masking noise is popular but I find it really irritating. I personally prefer rainymood.com

5. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unclear. Inflammatory allergic reaction/AIED
      Mine used to get so much worse at night. Trying to convince doctors of it was nigh on impossible though. They used to keep telling me it was because it was quieter in the room rather than because the tinnitus became louder. In my case though, it is the physical act of lying down. I tried to fall asleep several times propped really upright and every time I awoke, it was about the same as during the day, but when I awoke having been lying down, it would be screaming. Fortunately, this doesn't seem to be such an issue. The sound still changes between being upright and lying down, but it isn't so much volume, as type of sound that changes now.