Just Cleared 4 Months with Tinnitus (Caused by Ramsay Hunt Syndrome)

Discussion in 'Support' started by DaveN, Jan 24, 2019.

1. DaveN
      No Mood

DaveN Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ramsay Hunt Syndrome
      Hey all!

I've been stuck with tinnitus for 4 straight months. I know from reading all the posts that many people have endured this for so much longer than I have. Just looking for some encouragement/advice. I woke up with tinnitus one day due to Ramsay Hunt Syndrome and it's been there without stop since.

I've cut back on my alcohol intake significantly, I stay hydrated, I'm trying different vitamins and supplements but none of it really helps (granted it's only been a few months so time will tell).

The only thing that makes it bearable is acoustic neuromodulation, which I'm trying to stay on top of and do for at least 30 minutes every day.

I've had more good days than bad lately, but it kills me when I try to go to sleep, and it's hard to get back to sleep if I wake up in the middle of the night. It sucks.

Any words of encouragement or advice would be appreciated. Has anyone had any success with acupuncture?

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DaveN
      No Mood

DaveN Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ramsay Hunt Syndrome
      Thanks for the link, Bill. There's a lot of really helpful and useful information there.
      Keep fighting the good fight!

• Like Like x 1