Just Got a Cold, Louder Tinnitus From It

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kuppz90, Dec 14, 2013.

tinnitus forum
    1. Kuppz90
      Worried

Kuppz90 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      So i got a cold 5 days ago, in the first days my T didnt get louder at all, but starting yesterday my head feels abit clogged and my hearing is slighty decreased, as i always get from a cold and the T got abit louder, i can hear a very high pitched noise behind my usual now, hopefully this is just from having a clogged head and a cold in general? it would be sense for the T to get louder if your head is abit shut and hearing weaker

2. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      Completely normal, T will always be perceived louder when you have a head cold because your eustachian tubes, sinuses and nose are all gunked up. Well that's how it is for me anyhow, it'll spike during a cold and maybe linger on for a bit after the cold is gone but then eventually returns to normal.

3. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      even when I didn't have Tinnitus I had some kind of ear noises when I had a very bad cold because the eustachian tubes can't function properly because of the mucus.... so don't worry it will go away.

4. Kuppz90
      Worried

Kuppz90 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Okay, good to hear guys :) i did fear this would happen when i first got the cold, hopefully it will pass after the cold goes away.