Just Got Out of Psych Ward

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marc22, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Marc22
      Wtf

Marc22 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      exposure to broken muffler noise
      I just got out of a psych ward after 5 weeks there. Although worries about local plane noise and local construction contributed, most of the stress that I gather drove me to the hospital in desperation came from confrontations with a roommate I hardly knew. I am feeling better, not much thanks to most of the pyschiatrists, nurses, and orderlies, with their meds, and stupid rules.

Navigating the noise on the ward was sometimes a chore, like not being able to eat in the dining room with others because of a TV there (electronic sounds from cheap speakers KILL my ears even at low levels). Naturally, as I was leaving the dining room with my tray to go eat in my room alone, some overzealous nurse or orderly would stop me, not knowing I had permission. I did not mind telling them that they could check my file for the permission, but some would just go apeshit and emotional, not being able to calm down right away to just HEAR me. But on the whole, I avoided the staff of busy robots, and talked to fellow patients, which was very helpful and educational. There were some pretty hard core cases there. It was quiet on the whole, but for the occasional blood curdling screams of anguish or rage, as one would expect.

Marco

• Hug Hug x 2