Just Joined

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sandip, Sep 28, 2015.

1. sandip
      Scared

sandip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Since 2008, became much worse August 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened after rTMS treatment for depression
      I've had hearing loss and tinnitus in my left year since 2008, but it was not so bothersome. I was able to sleep and meditate without any problem.

Then starting in July 2015 I underwent repetetive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) for treatment of depression. After 6 weeks my treatment was stopped because my depression was not lessening. A few days later I noticed that the ringing in my left ear was much louder than before. So loud in fact that I could no longer sleep or meditate. It is now a fast high pitched sound that is making me feel suicidal. I'm even beginning to hear some ringing in my right ear as well. I don't know what to do now.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome. When tinnitus is new or when it morphs into louder ringing, the ringing is causing much anxiety and panic. My ultra high pitch T and severe hyperacusis opened the flood gate of hell of anxiety and panic attacks daily during the initial months. I had to mask all the time with a volume my H could tolerate. If you don't have H, count that as a blessing. It is advisable to get masking ASAP so you won’t be so anxious and fearful. Stress and anxiety are toxic to T. So try masking if you haven’t done so. Here is a TT thread with an audio player for many good masking sounds. It also comes with nice tips for new sufferers . If you have sleep problem, then check out the link there for a sleep thread too. There are also links to ATA & BTA with loads of more info. The more you understand tinnitus and how it works, the less fearful and stressful you are and which is good for T. You may also want to try some supplements, such as magnesium, zinc, NAC, B12, D3 etc.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/ (the icons on the left side give you instructions step by step)

3. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Welcome @sandip

I had some very loud T a year ago. It does get much better. I agree that anxiety makes it worse. You will find some great support on this site.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sandip
      Scared

sandip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Since 2008, became much worse August 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened after rTMS treatment for depression
      Thanks everybody.