Just My Two Spots for Thought

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kar4, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Kar4
      Not worthy

Kar4 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      During 11 years I'm living with tinnitus I've experienced interesting things:

1) My T faded away and was replaced by a different one, without any external cause. It happened like three times only and it all lasted only 2-3 seconds, after that my T went back the same as before. But for a while it was only faint "huuuummmmmm", instead unpleasant "hissssssssssssss", that I have normally.
      Important thing - to me this is a sign, that it CAN happen, my T can disappear. I mean it is not against basic physical laws.

2) When we sleep, we don't perceive sounds (consciously - actually external sounds can wake us or influence our dreams). In fact we are completely unconsciousness. But what if we can put to sleep only that part of brain, which is responsible for hearing?
      I think something similar happened to me a few times. Right on boundary between sleep and awake I had feeling that my hearing was blocked (as well as tinnitus), but I was still conscious and could think.
      Again - it all lasts only second or two... but try to imagine. I don't believe people are able to achieve this through some kind of meditation for example. But if we have such drug focused on specific part of brain, so that it can completely block perceiving and processing of sounds. For when it's effect lasts, although we would be completely deaf, but we could enjoy silence.

2. Vinnitus
      Tired

Vinnitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      28/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I see your T is caused by acoustic trauma. What exactly caused it? Was it a concert or more something like an impulse sound?

Sounds like fleeting Tinnitus to me. When I get the occassional temporary fleeting tinnitus, my hearing partly mutes and introduces another tone which lasts only for a few seconds. After than the normal Tinnitus re-enters perception. Nothing unusual if you ask me and unfortunately not indicative of anything...

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kar4
      Not worthy

Kar4 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Explosion. Pyrotechnic with bad timer...

Yes, i know. My point just was, that such status is possible - less hearing, but together with much more acceptable portion of tinnitus.