Kenacort (Triamcinolone) Injections Into the Middle Ear Helped My Tinnitus and Vertigo

Discussion in 'Support' started by Codaz, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Codaz

Codaz Member

My ENT tries to treat my Meniere's disease. First he tried Betahistine and diuretics but those didn't work so after three years I'm still very ill. After consulting with the university hospital that also reviewed my case he opted to try Kenacort injections that go through the eardrum via the round window to the cochlear organ and the vestibular organ. The Dexamethasone injections 4mg/ml helped but after a week they run out of power.

It's in some way that the body fights back, some doctors around the world consider Meniere's disease an auto-immune disorder.

As we all know Meniere's disease does not only cause severe vertigo and hearing loss, but it also causes tinnitus.

After 6 Dexamethasone injections, I now had 2 Kenacort injections. Unfortunately my hearing does not really improve anymore, I still have low frequency hearing loss. But my low hum tinnitus is lowering. My ears have fleeting episodes of higher pitched tinnitus two or three times a week and the overall tinnitus level is still quite considerable. But the injections do help the tinnitus and vertigo.

Do not expect one injection will treat everything. It's very small steps.

Two research papers that support the treatment of the ear with Kenacort:

Intratympanic Triamcinolone and Dexamethasone in the Treatment of Ménière's Syndrome

Comparison of the Pharmacokinetic Properties of Triamcinolone and Dexamethasone for Local Therapy of the Inner Ear

• Like Like x 2