Ketones Recommended to Me by an MD / Homeopathic Physician

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Lane, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I just got back from a lecture by a woman who's an MD and a homeopathic physician (and has a great reputation in our small community). I was able to ask her afterwards how much success she's had with treating tinnitus with homeopathy. She said she's had some success, but she quickly shifted over to recommending ketones, where she's had better success.

She said a person could try a ketogenic diet, which naturally increases circulating ketones. Or a person could take a supplement. She mentioned "Pure Ketones", but it appears there are other products as well. She clearly stressed the ketones over homeopathy as a starting point when trying to address tinnitus. -- I'll likely follow up on this soon, but thought I'd post this information here in case somebody else is ready to follow up on this now.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Did she explain why pure ketones or a ketogenic diet? How does this help with tinnitus?

3. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I was told by someone very knowledgeable on the topic that fasting is superior to ketogenic diet.

• Like Like x 1
    4. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Ive heard this as well since fasting promotes stem cell production. But I can also see the benefit of a Keto diet as it promotes ATP.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @Striveon

I only had a brief moment with her, as a number of other people had their own questions. This lecture was partly intended to announce her new office at a local healing center--called Hidden Springs. There's an open house tonight from 5-8:00 and am hoping to get a few minutes with her to try to find out more.

I find it interesting that she's apparently shifting the primary focus of her practice from homeopathy to nutrition, with ketogenic principles being at the core of her nutritional approach to health. She told me yesterday that gut issues could certainly affect tinnitus, as it's her expereince that gut issues can and does affect every part of our physiology.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I thought the snippet below the dotted line was quite interesting, as I often think of tinnitus as being a kind of chronic seizure. If this is actually true, then I can see how ketones--as suggested by the MD I mentioned in my first post--could very well improve tinnitus symptoms.

Yes, Ketones suppress seizures. A Seizure is a disorder in which nerve activity in the brain is disturbed. Ketones produce Neurotropic Factors which promote the growth of neurons, the connection of neurons, and the strengthening of the synapses. -- This snippet was from the following website:

Science Behind Dry Fasting

7. Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      For the past month, I’ve been doing the Keto WOE along with intermittent fasting - 18/6.
      I’ve lost some weight, have less joint pain, more energy and feel better in general, but the Tinnitus is as loud and obnoxious as ever. I’m staying on it, but have no expectations that the T will improve.

• Like Like x 2