Know Anybody Who Got Tinnitus After an Anxiety Attack?

Discussion in 'Support' started by ThreeS, Nov 19, 2016.

1. ThreeS
      Frustrated

ThreeS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety Attack
      I got it right after my first ever anxiety attack. The doctor who I visited practically told me my hearing was "damaged" which caused more anxiety attacks. I visited the ENT and they said my hearing was better than average and that everything checks out. I've been taking accupuncture and the volume has reduced, I still fear for my future. I feel so frustrated that I have it in my 20s and it was from one stupid anxiety attack.

2. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Anxiety may have played a part in mine but i have some mild loss in my t ear which is from concerts/ear phone use over the years. Age 27.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ThreeS
      Frustrated

ThreeS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety Attack
      looks like some users here got tinnitus after anxiety, though I can't say I felt I had as much anxiety as them ( only some) before my ordeal occurred. Perhaps what I experienced was a panic attack instead

4. michael k

michael k Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/4/20013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      started at a very stressful time
      hi... I can tell you I got my t from stress and anxiety 5 years ago
      I was sitting up at 4am middle of the night couldn't sleep feeling very anxious
      suddenly I heard aloud bang, I checked outside and inside the house and found nothing
      I lay back on the couch and in the silence all I could hear from the left ear a hissing sound
      just like a out off tune radio. for the next few days I suffered in silence told no one but had to visit the doctor as I was freaking out not sleeping with the hissing and getting more and more anxious. I have had all the ent tests and came back clear all they told me it was tinnitus not a lot they can do. I have found and proved that anxiety and stress has a lot to do with tinnitus it does make it worse and could be a cause. from june last year I have been off work with a broken ankle and my stress ans anxiety levels have gone through the roof with not working ,not able to do much ,
      money worries ,mortgage etc Ive been to the doctor and first time in my life I have been given anti depression and I still hear the hissing but it doesn't seem to worry me as much has any one got a similar story