Last Night I Couldn't Sleep at All, I Can't Go On

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marias21, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      Last night was really bad I colud not sleep at all the noice was so loud I have desided that this not the life I want I want my old life back where I colud sleep whede I was not worried happy I dont want to put my dear husband night after night of not sleeping waking our cat who sleep with us I alredy left my house and left a voice mail to my husband of my wishes I want to be barried next to my mom ill fknly get some deep sleep and never hear t again

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. shan
      Lurking

shan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      God knows
      Hey Marias. I know it is extremely distressing to hear the ringing especially where sleep is concern. I read your earlier post. You have T for about a month now and it actually did stop briefly in between the day. Your T is still in the early stage. It might go away or get better. There are other ways to manage it too. Please don't give up on yourself.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      The dr said its edt and gave me a nasale spray but so far the last 2 NIGHT have been of no sleep and I know its not edt over the yearsci have listen to music on my phone and that why I have t its my flaut

4. shan
      Lurking

shan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      God knows
      I can imagine the despair. Regardless of the cause, it is possible to go on. Really.

5. George Brady
      Crappy

George Brady Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      bad meds
      Go to the doctor tell him up can't sleep and having panic attacks and anxiety.get some meds they will help trust me I've been there.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      How long dose it take to get bettter I don't want a lifetime of sleeping pills

7. George Brady
      Crappy

George Brady Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      bad meds
      It depending on the individualI've been on ambien for 2&a half months. It takes awhile to get your mind right.I'm still not there all the time.anxiety medicine might take a month or so

8. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      I'm sorry you're having a hard time, but know that we're here for you.

9. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Please don't think your life is over. If your T is due to allergies once they are sorted there is a good chance it will go. Unfortunately it can take weeks. I myself go back and forth: sometimes I am fine with it, believing it will go; other times I am terrified and certain it is here to stay. Try to be patient. I agree that you need some sleeping pills and some anti-anxiety meds; talk to your doctor about it.

You will be okay no matter what happens. People are often stronger than they think.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      My husband says to wait and see what happen it only been a week since I started the meds it wolud not be so bad if ir let me sleep i wolud not mind it

11. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Your husband is right: meds can take time to fully kick in. Unfortunately it is hard to be convinced when you are not getting sleep. I doubt you will need sleeping pills forever, even if the T is here to stay. If you dislike taking them perhaps a masker would work? They also do the trick of relaxing you.

I think once you start sleeping again you will begin to feel better. Just try not to focus on the T. I remember one night I constantly had to tell myself to ignore the T and quickly pulled my mind away from it onto other things, even if they were really stupid (the Postman pat movie was one that was revisited. Still a kid on the inside) and eventually I would fall asleep. It is hard work, and tbh I don't think my T is too loud (at least not most of the time) so I understand that if yours is it's a lot harder to ignore. Keep trying though. Good luck and here's hoping you sleep well.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      My t inst that loud when I fall asleep its when it wakes me up its loud and a few minutes later its quites down so much that I can hear slients and the noice outside my window and unless I put my blanket on top of my ear I don't hear it I've try to fall asleep and than as im almost sleepy here it gone up again and it gose like that all night the crasy thing is is when I dont get a good night sleep. The next night I sleep 8 hour ive tryed masking last night with my fan and it did not like that it got loude

13. George Brady
      Crappy

George Brady Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      bad meds
      Get pillow speakers work great download free apps plug into your phone or i -pod.your husband won't even hear them

14. Magpie
      Sporty

Magpie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/1999

The problem is that you are focusing on your tinnitus. What I did when I was trying to fall asleep was to think of things that I loved doing or gave me a sense of peace. For example I made myself an mp3 file of waves crashing on the beach and when I went to bed I would listen to it and imagine I was lying on the beach. There is a good chapter in the Tinnitus book by Henry/Wilson called Imagery Techniques. It's not your tinnitus that is the problem, it's you focusing on it and getting stressed about it. You said you need to put the blanket on your ear to hear it and it quietens down so much that you hear silence so the problem really is more anxiety than the tinnitus itself.