Lately More Frequent Bad Tinnitus Days — Tinnitus Acting Different After 2 Years

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mathew Gould, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      6/17 thru 12/17 I had tinnitus 100% of the time.
      12/17 thru 8/19 I had tinnitus 50% of the time.

Last 2-3 weeks I've had tinnitus around 80% of the time and it's like the tinnitus in my head was shifted over an inch. Also I've been hearing 2-3 tones instead of 1 constant tone.

Woke up today and my tinnitus was loud (my tinnitus is also reactive). I got in the shower and it reset my tinnitus to very low and not annoying. This has never happened before.

Is the last 2-3 weeks and the shower tinnitus reset a good or bad sign?

What is going on with my tinnitus lately because I didn't change anything in my life?

2. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

Is your tinnitus somatic?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      The secondary sounds used to be, but never my main sound. I would probably say now that it's really not somatic although my tinnitus is caused by neck and jaw issues - 100% guaranteed.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Yes after trying different positions I can get a secondary much quieter sound to come on when I make myself have forward neck posture... But the sound is barely audible, especially compared to my normal tinnitus sound... I hope I qualify for the Susan Shore device??

5. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

Yes hopefully you will qualify.

I was originally thinking maybe you slept a way that was causing the exacerbation and then the shower reset it because it relaxed your tension, but I guess that’s not the case.