Left Ear Got Very High Pitch Tinnitus After 2 Hours in a Loud Venue

Discussion in 'Support' started by Egg, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Egg

Egg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma (Concert)
      Hi. I really messed up. I forgot my ear plugs going to a friend's birthday which got very loud at times. I measured it to be around 85 dB for the most part but occasionally got up to 90-92 dB. I was there for 2 hours and not inside the whole time. I was also not very worried since I have habituated pretty well over the year and I, at times was even forgetting about the tinnitus. I realized that I'd really messed up and now I have a terrible spike.

My question is, did anybody here get a very high pitched spike after unwanted exposure and can I hope that it will return back to baseline (is it likely)?

I don't think it's acoustic trauma in the full sense, I had no issues with stuffiness and muffled hearing. The spike also did not occur the night of but I rather noticed it the next morning. What are your opinions.

P.S. I also think I have clogged sinuses because of allergies currently. Maybe/hopefully that was it? This really is so bothersome, loud and the pitch straight up HURTS. So screechy .