Left Ear Tinnitus After Microsuction, Right Ear Tinnitus After Amoxicillin and Otomize

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by suzysunday, Aug 22, 2020.

1. suzysunday

suzysunday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Micro suction and Otomize
      Hi, 3 weeks ago after my left ear had been blocked for 2 weeks I had microsuction. I didn't know much about it. 2 days later I got a ringing in that left ear that won't go.

At the same time I had earache in my right ear for ages on and off, and after a course of Amoxicillin I was given Otomize. After 5 days of using Otomize my right ear started ringing.

Really scared it's all permanent. Any help please?

2. Kirstystired

Kirstystired Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Chances are it's not permanent, think you just need to give it time. Try not to be scared, time is a great healer xx things will get better

3. Kendra

Kendra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSNHL/ Acoustic Trauma
      I would cease the Otomize for now and tell your doctor of your symptoms. I’d also make an ENT appointment to get an Audiogram to see where your gearing stands. Make sure you tell whoever is scheduling the ENT appointment that you’re very concerned because you believe you have some sudden hearing loss (I’ve found that is the only way they will get you in quickly).

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      suzysunday

suzysunday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for the replies. I have health anxiety and really stress so appreciate your post Kirsty. Kendra, I stopped the Otomize 3 weeks ago after 5 days use and the gp gave me a second course of amoxicillin. I was horrified when I read up about Otomize and my ear feels tender and also rings. Feel stupid for not checking it all out first. My blocked left ear was driving me mad and micro suction seemed an option. Then found the Otomize can cause tinnitus after getting the ringing.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      suzysunday

suzysunday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I would have replied earlier but just joined and couldn't find them.

6. Kirstystired

Kirstystired Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Ears are such weird things! Your ears just need time to heal, I'm 5 weeks in from developing tinnitus with no obvious cause and it's very slowly getting better. I'm sure yours will too xxx

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      suzysunday

suzysunday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/07/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks. I hope you are right x