Less Sleep... Louder Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by ofaisalo, Sep 5, 2016.

1. ofaisalo
      Balanced

ofaisalo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Yes that's what I noticed
      If I do not sleep well my tinnitus is getting worse...
      Is it relative or not, I don't know.

But as long as I sleep well, my tinnitus will get better.

So for me, if I take enough sleep + take Ginkgo capsules (which btw are helping me), I can barely notice my tinnitus during my days.

Only when it's too quiet I will hear it.

Sorry for my bad English.

• Like Like x 1
    2. taintworthit

taintworthit Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably years of live rock shows.
      I experience this too. It's crazy circle! I cant sleep because of it and due to that it gets louder the next night!

3. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Sometimes this is true for me too, but I've gotten good sleep the past two nights, and my tinnitus is as loud as ever.

4. MikeP505
      Curious

MikeP505 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punishment for being so darn good looking!
      Hang in there. Tinnitus will torture you if you allow it too. Talk to your GP ( Doctor) and research as much as you can on the triggers and treatments. Sleeping well seems to help many. Never worked for me. Other various prescribed medications only made me feel worse in the long run. Every one who deals with Tinnitus has various reasons for possibly developing it or making it worse. Eating well and other supplements such as 5-HTP, a serotonin booster, has helped some. My best and only advise is to continue to find ways to remain calm and carry on with your life. Tinnitus sucks and is a horrible situation for us. Takes a long time to adapt too. Keep reading the helpful posts many people have placed on here and wishing you a good recovery and better tomorrows.

Mike