Listening to White Noise Through a Smartphone

Discussion in 'Support' started by victoria9273, Nov 18, 2017.

1. victoria9273
      Amused

victoria9273 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hyperacusis since 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Use of earbuds
      Listening YouTube rain sounds through the smartphone or television - what do you think about this? Does this practically help anyone who have hyperacusis?

I have found a good white noise generator on the internet but it will take some time to get it. Besides, I really like those rain sounds I hear on the phone. Does this count as white noise as well? And does the medium of the sound matter too?

I would be very glad to hear your opinions and experiences, thank you.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Ambassador
      Cool

Ambassador Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss and lifetime noise exposure
      White noise is white noise, other sounds would be called sound enrichment. I have found any sound that doesn't annoy me is good therapy and really helps. If you like rain, take a look at this site, https://rain.simplynoise.com,
      I have it and used it occasionally. I mostly use the white noise generator built into my Phonak hearing aids, I'm listening now. In addition, there's no substitute to getting yourself immersed into a task or activity that takes your mind off tinnitus. There's probably hundreds of sound file sources on the internet, search around and find some you like. Not too loud.